Angel broking: Cheap brokerage and excellent service.

So you must have found out by now, so how is that Rs.30 min. charged? Is it Rs.30 minimum daily, weekly, quarterly? Please share your experience :)
Hi, As per my past experience, if the brokerage is less then 30, then you will be charged Rs.30/- or 2.5% whichever is low. Also, this will be charged on per contract note, per segment basis. You can also speak with your broker about the samehave a nice day!

Hi, As per my past experience, if the brokerage is less then 30, then you will be charged Rs.30/- or 2.5% whichever is low. Also, this will be charged on per contract note, per segment basis. You can also speak with your broker about the samehave a nice day!
Ok, two things - "per contract note" & "per segment"

So, "per contract note" means on every such day when I make even a single trade, right? But then kdhrubo has said earlier in the thread that he'd been with Angel for a couple of months & only did a few trades but his Contract Notes did NOT seem to have been charged at Rs.30min. Contract Notes are issued on every such day when we make even a single trade, right?

And, "per segment", means (let's say I'm 0.01% brokerage), if I buy & sell a commodity at 50,000 (5+5), & buy & sell a stock at 50,000 (5+5) on the same day then that'd mean my brokerage for "commodity segment" would be Rs.30 & another Rs.30 in the "equity segment", right?

This whole business of "minimum contract note" is really crazy :lol:

Thanks in advance. :)

Ok, two things - "per contract note" & "per segment"

So, "per contract note" means on every such day when I make even a single trade, right? But then kdhrubo has said earlier in the thread that he'd been with Angel for a couple of months & only did a few trades but his Contract Notes did NOT seem to have been charged at Rs.30min. Contract Notes are issued on every such day when we make even a single trade, right?

And, "per segment", means (let's say I'm 0.01% brokerage), if I buy & sell a commodity at 50,000 (5+5), & buy & sell a stock at 50,000 (5+5) on the same day then that'd mean my brokerage for "commodity segment" would be Rs.30 & another Rs.30 in the "equity segment", right?

This whole business of "minimum contract note" is really crazy :lol:

Thanks in advance. :)
Hi, you have got it right. In both the scenario the understanding is perfect

angel does provide 'cheap' service by charging min brokerage of 30rs/
Yeah, the minimum-brokerage definitely undermines the whole "cheap service" thing :lol: I really don't like this business of minimum-brokerage & it's even worse to have it on "per segment" basis :(

I still don't understand though, then why wasn't Mr. kdhrubo wasn't charged min-brokerage even on days when his trades generated less than Rs.30 of brokerage, still confused on that :confused: I wish he'd come back & clarify about that :sos:

Yeah, the minimum-brokerage definitely undermines the whole "cheap service" thing :lol: I really don't like this business of minimum-brokerage & it's even worse to have it on "per segment" basis :(

I still don't understand though, then why wasn't Mr. kdhrubo wasn't charged min-brokerage even on days when his trades generated less than Rs.30 of brokerage, still confused on that :confused: I wish he'd come back & clarify about that :sos:
when kdhrubo and i opened a/c's the minimum brokerage was deducted once every 6 months, in my case they suddenly deducted 900 rupees minimum brokerage for 6 months(excluding actual brokerage). now a days they charge minimum brokerage on the trading day itself, it also shows in your contract note. earlier min.brokerage was not showing in contract note. i got 0.01% brokerage for intraday, i have to trade for 3 lakhs to get the real brokerage, few days i traded only for 30,000 and ended up paying 30rs brokerage, now i use other a/c with Anandrathi if i think i am going to trade less, Anandrathi does not charge minimum brokerage but i pay 0.03% intraday for them.

when kdhrubo and i opened a/c's the minimum brokerage was deducted once every 6 months, in my case they suddenly deducted 900 rupees minimum brokerage for 6 months(excluding actual brokerage). now a days they charge minimum brokerage on the trading day itself, it also shows in your contract note. earlier min.brokerage was not showing in contract note. i got 0.01% brokerage for intraday, i have to trade for 3 lakhs to get the real brokerage, few days i traded only for 30,000 and ended up paying 30rs brokerage, now i use other a/c with Anandrathi if i think i am going to trade less, Anandrathi does not charge minimum brokerage but i pay 0.03% intraday for them.
Hi, minimum brokerage is common amongst major broking house only the amount may be different

Hi, minimum brokerage is common amongst major broking house only the amount may be different
Just because something is a "common practice", does NOT mean it's good & excusable. Sati, child-marriage, etc were "common practices" once but that doesn't mean they were good or that they could be excused.

The fact is that "minimum contract note" is NOT a very customer-friendly practice, it shows that the broking-house only cares about its brokerage & not about its customers' equity, which is not a very pleasant thing to know as a customer & sooner or later, broking-houses engaging in such unfriendly practices will suffer the wrath of the traders to various degrees.

(It is blatently obvious from many of your posts here that you're an employee of Angel's or at least have some sort of vested interest in Angel, & the fact that Angel has to engage in misrepresentation to gain clients is very pitiful. I was seriously considering Angel but your goodie-goodie posts & pretence has caused me to reconsider :()