Angel broking: Cheap brokerage and excellent service.

Slightly better now. But still much more room to improve.
They are on an aggressive client acquisition spree and I have seen in their office targets of 3lakh rs brokerage collection per day. So not sure what will happen when targets are achieved.

In that regard HDFC SEC is very very good too. Very safe, accurate and peaceful. I have never had to speak to them after a/c opening. Best part was you could apply for any IPO, FD, BOND, NCD, MF and any other forms of investment from one channel. But brokerage and maintenance charges are very high. 50p and 556 AMC , 25 min contract note, DP outgoing etc. I am contemplating to close the a/c as I have sold off all shares in HDFC SEC in the bull run but still thinking.....! I was not willing to apply to COAL INDIA IPO. Then couple of "good" friends in broking circle in mumbai (I am from Kolkata) insisted that I did at 2pm on the last day. I went and in the hurry could not find online IPO thing on Angel. Then I looked to IIFL and the link was gone in their online IPO application. At 3.30 PM with just 30 min to go for closure, only HDFC came to my rescue and with their neat IPO application screens I finished applying for 400 COAL INDIA shares in 2 mintutes.

i used to trade with angel 3 -4 yrs back that time they had just introduced tradeanywhere s/w made by asiancerc...

Just wanted to relate my experience with angel .... but that was few years ago now i dotn know how angel is now
Hi Arya,

I believe for frequent traders and as well as, for investors, Angel is a right fit:

For frequent traders, it is good because of their active relationship managers, and a good trading "on-line" as well as "off-line" model.

And for investors it is good because of their good research based calls.

Above all their brokerage is reasonable. I would recommend "worth trying".

Regards,
VDT

For the record, i have never had any problem with Sharekhan....on the contrary it is Angel broking which created a lot of problems for me...After experiencing horrible customer service from Angel..infact i still have a copy of the email where i threatened to complain to SEBI because they had deactivated my account without notice and after which they immediately reactivated it..only after that did i open an account with sharekhan..and they have been really nice to work with...as far as withdrawing money from sharekhan is concerned i have never had any problem so far and its been well over a year since i joined them

kdhrubo

Although I have had never had an a/c with SK. I have never heard such complaints about them. I guess this is some rare incident or some one with vested interest writing here? Lot of my friends (at least 10) have a/c with SK.