Angel broking: Cheap brokerage and excellent service.

Chetan I get it easily on GMAIL.
I request you to ask them the procedure to change email.
Open a google mail a/c and change the email.
SIFY is one crap of an ISP.
I have a yahoo one. Since they had to do something to answer me, they created a sify id for me, the website itself reads http://mail.ecn.sify.com/ . Here my username is my clientid and password is my dateofbirth. I will try your idea. Thanks.

Chetan - I am a delivery trader, the slow or fast do not bother me much, since I place only limit orders, seldom market orders. Having said that, I have used TTADAVANCE for long too. It also beats ODIN hands down in terms of ease of use. I am a very senior software architect and must say ODIN is a **** piece of software. Installing it is a headache. The speed as you said is not any different from TTADAVANCE either. Chart is pathetic to say the least. But then this software is not for charting its just an after thought probably from the guys at FT to add this module.
I suggest you to use the following for charting mostly not for intraday trading:
1> Amibroker + Getbhavcopy - I use this
2> Chartnexus - Free - I use this too
3> chartink.in - good for daily charts
4> nseguide.com
ODIN diet can be nightmare for newbees. The speed is also a factor of your internet speed. No software on earth can give you realtime price - their will be nano to micro - second delays.

Chetan - I am a delivery trader, the slow or fast do not bother me much, since I place only limit orders, seldom market orders. Having said that, I have used TTADAVANCE for long too. It also beats ODIN hands down in terms of ease of use. I am a very senior software architect and must say ODIN is a **** piece of software. Installing it is a headache. The speed as you said is not any different from TTADAVANCE either. Chart is pathetic to say the least. But then this software is not for charting its just an after thought probably from the guys at FT to add this module.
I suggest you to use the following for charting mostly not for intraday trading:
1> Amibroker + Getbhavcopy - I use this
2> Chartnexus - Free - I use this too
3> chartink.in - good for daily charts
4> nseguide.com
ODIN diet can be nightmare for newbees. The speed is also a factor of your internet speed. No software on earth can give you realtime price - their will be nano to micro - second delays.
Yeah installation was a headache. They don't even have a toll free number, we need to listen to their song for 1 minute until someone picks up. You were lucky, someone from their end called you, nothing for me here. I also have compatibility issues with Nest and Odin working in the same computer. After using Nest, i should reinstall Odin to make charts work. I can live with that.
edit: i had a welcome call and their support called regarding conflict between nest and diet, but they had no answer, instead wasted my time doing nonsense for 30min using remote access.

I am using chartnexus and FCharts. But they are for swing and position traders.
I have a 2mbps connection, Odin hardly uses 2kb/sec with 8 scrips in marketwatch. so even a dial up connection should work fine. I think Odin is using some outdated technology for quotes. Right now it is not system heavy like Nest, but if i add more scrips it might become heavy, should check that out on monday.

Last edited:
Yeah installation was a headache. They don't even have a toll free number, we need to listen to their song for 1 minute until someone picks up. You were lucky, someone from their end called you, nothing for me here. I also have compatibility issues with Nest and Odin working in the same computer. After using Nest, i should reinstall Odin to make charts work. I can live with that.
edit: i had a welcome call and their support called regarding conflict between nest and diet, but they had no answer, instead wasted my time doing nonsense for 30min using remote access.

I am using chartnexus and FCharts. But they are for swing and position traders.
I have a 2mbps connection, Odin hardly uses 2kb/sec with 8 scrips in marketwatch. so even a dial up connection should work fine. I think Odin is using some outdated technology for quotes. Right now it is not system heavy like Nest, but if i add more scrips it might become heavy, should check that out on monday.
Chetan I have a 100mbps connection - but problem is you may not be getting the whole bandwidth. If you need Amibroker - send me PM. Are you into intraday?

Ok guys as I was confident, now I checked Angel Backoffice. They have reversed all the account opening charges.
"Being the dp charges for the client id XXXXXX reversed (Hyd/Chen Franking, Margin client ) to client code XXXXXXXX" is the narration

So I am increasing my rating of Angel to 7/10
Now I will wait and see If I get the gold coin on dhanteras as promised.

hi its great if you are paying 0.02 % on the actual amount of trade... that is suppose u buy shares of rs 10,000 u end up paying 0.02% or 0.2% on that and not 0.02 or 0.02 rs per share...as that way you would end up paying much much more...
So finally i access contract notes from backoffice. I checked my Gmrinfra trade notes(55rs/share), i am being charged 0.02 paisa per share, all this while i thought it was 0.02%. For shares over 100rs, i am charged 0.01%. In my welcome kit, brokerage charges mentioned min:0.02v, max:0.01p.