Angel broking: Cheap brokerage and excellent service.

Hey, Where can i see brokerages charged for individual scrips? their online chat care asked me to visit home branch to know the answer! In Anand Rathi we get daily brokerage charged, profit/loss details by email. but Angel has complicated procedure to know todays p/l.
I also wanted to check their brokerage for scrips below 100rs(whether they are charging per share or not), so i traded gmrinfra just to know their charges, where are these details hidden?

edit: i am thinking it might appear in my inbox later in the night.
Hey guys, no email from Angel regarding contract notes for intraday. Any idea where to see brokerage charges? I only got an sms for all the trades i did for the day. In AnandRathi we get sms around 9pm with Total Turnover, MTM, and Ledger balance.

Hi,

Many brokerage housed have started to charge minimum brokerage on your trade in case volume is below there specified limit.

Angel Broking is charging Rs. 30 minimum in case your total brokerage on your transaction is less than Rs. 30.

Suppose you have done intraday of Rs. 50000 (i.e. bought the shares of 24500 & sold for 25500, if your brokerage rate is 3 paisa in intraday than although as per calculation it is Rs. 15, applicable brokerage would be Rs. 30 as 15 is below minimum brokerage 30)

in case you are receiving the soft copy of bill than it is difficult to arrive at the specific figure of brokerage as it is settled in price of the underlying.

but actual brokerage is mentioned in case you are receiving the hard copy of bill. (again rs. 10 is charged per courier in case brokerage involved in transaction is less than Rs. 75)

Regards,

Gopal Thakkar
Gopal - very few brokerages give 3p unless you trade intraday FO on hefty volumes or its a small broking house starved of customer. As I have said before its not too complicated stuff. If you look into your Angel email contacts you will clearly see all the charges. I have my brokerage charge as 10p on Angel. I took 50 units of CIPLA@ 300. So my brokerage would be 50*300 = 15000/100 = 150*.1 = 15. Angel has charged me 15 rs only. Now this is the exact number shown on Ledger. Everything for all broker are on ledger. Now if you talk about the min Rs.30. This case qualifies for Rs.30. I have been checking my ledger and nothing has been recovered yet. I met the branch manager he was unsure he said its weekly, monthly, quarterly. Since I am new in Angel (1+ month) and nothing has been done weekly monthly I am assuming the adjustment is quarterly. I am keeping fingers crossed and will see when it happens. I will let all of you know.

Now crux of the matter is look carefully into your contract note online or hard copy it will and must have per scrip and total brokerage + all other charges levied on the transaction.

Hey guys, no email from Angel regarding contract notes for intraday. Any idea where to see brokerage charges? I only got an sms for all the trades i did for the day. In AnandRathi we get sms around 9pm with Total Turnover, MTM, and Ledger balance.
Chetan - I am not an agent of Angel. Check if you have opted for hard copy of contract notes. This is chargeable in Angel. I am not an intra guy but get SMS, email contract note by 9PM. Check the SPAM folder of your email. IIFL sometimes sends emails with 2-3 days delay, blame it on their SMTP email gateway man!

Chetan - I am not an agent of Angel. Check if you have opted for hard copy of contract notes. This is chargeable in Angel. I am not an intra guy but get SMS, email contract note by 9PM. Check the SPAM folder of your email. IIFL sometimes sends emails with 2-3 days delay, blame it on their SMTP email gateway man!
I have opted for Electronic Contract Notes, i specifically mentioned to the Angel executive that i don't need hard copy. I even got an email confirming the same which i quote "We are pleased to inform you that we have activated the ECN (Electronic Contract Notes) facility on your account with us and you will receive all your Contract Notes via e-mail with immediate effect".
You are right, there might be a delay of some sort. I have mailed them. We can't accept a big brokerage firm like Angel not to provide such simple services.

prst

dude,
even i had got mail saying that am subscribed to ECN.
but still I was getting hard copy of contract notes, which i never knew that they will charge me for.

only recently i became aware of it , and asked them to stop sending them.

I have opted for Electronic Contract Notes, i specifically mentioned to the Angel executive that i don't need hard copy. I even got an email confirming the same which i quote "We are pleased to inform you that we have activated the ECN (Electronic Contract Notes) facility on your account with us and you will receive all your Contract Notes via e-mail with immediate effect".
You are right, there might be a delay of some sort. I have mailed them. We can't accept a big brokerage firm like Angel not to provide such simple services.
Compared IIFL, MOSL, Angel is a new kid in the block my friend.

Hello Sir,

There is one mistake from my side in showing calculation for charging minimal brokerage.

Following is the instruction put on the angelbackoffice by HO. Pls go thru this.

MINIMUM BROKERAGE APPLICABLE FROM June 1st 2010: Brokerage payable on trades from June 1st 2010 shall be subject to a minimum of Rs. 30 per settlement/contract note. If the brokerage at the maximum permissible rate prescribed by the Regulator (2.5% at present) is lower than the minimum payable Rs. 30/-, brokerage payable will be such lower sum. Trades which do not attract the Minimum Brokerage will continue to be levied at the agreed rates. Service tax, STT and other statutory charges would apply at rates prevailing from time to time.

Hello Sir,

There is one mistake from my side in showing calculation for charging minimal brokerage.

Following is the instruction put on the angelbackoffice by HO. Pls go thru this.

MINIMUM BROKERAGE APPLICABLE FROM June 1st 2010: Brokerage payable on trades from June 1st 2010 shall be subject to a minimum of Rs. 30 per settlement/contract note. If the brokerage at the maximum permissible rate prescribed by the Regulator (2.5% at present) is lower than the minimum payable Rs. 30/-, brokerage payable will be such lower sum. Trades which do not attract the Minimum Brokerage will continue to be levied at the agreed rates. Service tax, STT and other statutory charges would apply at rates prevailing from time to time.
Thanks for clearing the doubts........:)

Last edited:
Hello Sir,

Thanks Gopal. I know and have read about this on Angel Backoffice application. I have said about this on this thread numerous times that Angel like most brokers these days has minimum contract note charges (highest as far as I know, HDFC is next with 25, followed by SMC RS 20). This is one charge which the agents or RM or sales guys will not tell you about.

But having said that, I have not seen these min contract note charges yet on whatever little transactions I have done with Angel. I am waiting to see when the adjustments are done if any. Contract notes and ledger does not yet show them. Any charge or debit credit is always reflected in ledger. So as and when I see it I will let you know as my transactions ideally should be charged at Rs.30.

Hi,

This is to inform all that it is being managed by HO and any person who consecutively for 3 days does not access to his/her "Angelbackoffice" to view the ECN then he/ she will be sent hard copy.

So it is advisable to access angelbackoffice once in 3 days.

My sub-broker is doing that for me so I never receive hard copy.