Absolute Beginner Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everybody

i am new to trading stocks. i have opened an online account with sharekhan.
can anybody tell me whether the leverage amount can be used for delivery also rather than day trading.what i want to know is:if suppose i have rs 10000 in my demat account and i have bought stocks for say rs 12,000 thinking that i will go for intraday.but unfortunately the stock price comes down and i dont sell the stock same day itself and wait for the stock price to go up to sell(may be next day).do i have to again credit my account with rs2000/- more or will it be adjusted in leverage amount.
waiting for the kind replies.:rolleyes:

pleaseharsh

dear hari
sorry for disturbing you so much... as i said earlier am following mini flow from the last 2 weeks.. but still not crystal clear about the system.. i have the following doubts
1. About moving filters..
eventhough in todays trade you ended in profit( you longed at 2675) it was not correct as per my understandings.. what made you take that decision? how the moving filters were applied? is it using 15m Tf or 30min Tf before 11a.m?what was your mistake? and how to apply moving filters properly? please explain in simple understandable way( with TFs)

2.About 2 bar & 4 bar rules
when and how these rules are applied.. i couldnt understand 2 bars rule much... 4 bar rule is ok

3.About SAR
i am still confused in using TFs.. which TF should we use after 10.00 to 11 for applying moving filters?
Is it wise to reverse whenever stop is hit? i mean in extreme volatile days it may hit several times and we end in loss!!

4. About saints class
which are the rules amended by him?

hari, please answer for each of the above questions whenever you get time . one question per day will be sufficient for me.. Is it the wrong thread to ask such questions??? if i am mistaken tell me where to post .

In you library thread kindly include summery of trades we undertook in tough days (as on 6-11-08 and 20-11-08) categorizing them under
a. uptrend
b. downtrend
c. sideways move
one example for each category will be sufficient

Wishing you all success for your library thread.

regards
bijo
well this is asked to hari...let me clear myself too bijo & then let hari clear for us both..so dont mind bijo even i made some serious mis understanding...just confirms its hard when trading pratically ..nevertheless how many times we read theory...

=> 2 bar & 4 bar method is one and same : its like we shift the sar 2 bars down the 4th bar or up (which is hh hl or lh ll (as per long and short position exception 60min blah blah (as hari put in during trading hrs)
1) moving filter is always on 30 ...

=> moving filter : its being stated clearly to shift moving filter as per 30 min TF but i was following 15 tf from beginning and was moving filter at every 15 min interval ..so no short triggered for me. remember we trade 15 tf from 10 to 11 ...means look for pivots and all ....it dosent mean we shift our filters on 15 min tf...(now this is as per my understanding)

=> saint put everything on 12 nov after amending rules...then only confusion
was argued regarding move 1 , move 2 & 2 bar method..then both cleared
in subsequent arguements...

=> as per rules yes we reverse the trades when sar is hit...but mostly after 3 pm many of them avoid taking new position...

=>abt yr doubt regarding long position...(its subjective for me ,you or anyone)
cuz different data levels...so its better hari or any senior answer it

harsh

Last edited:

TFL

Please can any body expalin how can I open NRI Direct Account and is it advisable to open with ICICI please help me and ICICI account is capable to give me margin for tarading and how many times it give please give me details in simple language because lam new for trading..and one more thing about the charger of ICICI bank while buying and selling a share.

Thanks hope some one will help me
Dear irfan,

You can open icicidirect nri account by contacting the nearest icicidirect office or by emailing them from the website icicidirect.com .
They provide 2 margin trading products.
1. Margin - Put to 4 times leverage (varies for each stocks)
2. Margin Plus - Up to 10 times (varies for each stocks)

The brokerage rates differ according to the trading volume. Check it in the website of icicidirect itself. Their web platform is not good for day trading. Only web platform available for normal traders.

TFL.

Last edited:

TFL

dear hari
sorry for disturbing you so much... as i said earlier am following mini flow from the last 2 weeks.. but still not crystal clear about the system.. i have the following doubts
1. About moving filters..
eventhough in todays trade you ended in profit( you longed at 2675) it was not correct as per my understandings.. what made you take that decision? how the moving filters were applied? is it using 15m Tf or 30min Tf before 11a.m?what was your mistake? and how to apply moving filters properly? please explain in simple understandable way( with TFs)

2.About 2 bar & 4 bar rules
when and how these rules are applied.. i couldnt understand 2 bars rule much... 4 bar rule is ok

3.About SAR
i am still confused in using TFs.. which TF should we use after 10.00 to 11 for applying moving filters?
Is it wise to reverse whenever stop is hit? i mean in extreme volatile days it may hit several times and we end in loss!!

4. About saints class
which are the rules amended by him?

hari, please answer for each of the above questions whenever you get time . one question per day will be sufficient for me.. Is it the wrong thread to ask such questions??? if i am mistaken tell me where to post .

In you library thread kindly include summery of trades we undertook in tough days (as on 6-11-08 and 20-11-08) categorizing them under
a. uptrend
b. downtrend
c. sideways move
one example for each category will be sufficient

Wishing you all success for your library thread.

regards
bijo
Bijo,

It was better avoid such advanced topics from the absolute beginner guide thread. You can replace it to library thread.
Being these discussions here will confuse the new comers who don't even know about SHORTing.

About the long trade, I will details and alert at the mini-flow/library thread later. Many more task to finish before that.

I have clearly described about 4 bar/moving filter usage in the library thread(Post no. 1 or 2). Also will add more detailing soon with charts in the library. The work is in progress.

When ever SAR hits we will reverse, when there is a day which have a lot of volatility and we are confused then trade with low no of lots than normal is the solution.

Downtrend/uptrend/sidewise moves are basic things and you can find it in "teach a man to fish" thread. Also you can find it by google-ing.

Hope I have tried to answer your queries.
TFL.

Last edited:

TFL

Special thanks to gsaldavi, harsh, and others for attending the queries here.
Keep you good work.

TFL.

Last edited:

NOMINDTR

Special thanks to gsaldavi, harsh, and others for attending the queries here.
Keep you good work.

Hari.
No need for a "thanks" Hari :)

I am here to learn, and to share something that may be useful (?:)) for people. So that I could contribute a little to a thread that has been initiated by a person like you who wishes to guide beginners. I thank you for this initiative for the very fact that every trader start his career as a beginner.

bijovyppil

well this is asked to hari...let me clear myself too bijo & then let hari clear for us both..so dont mind bijo even i made some serious mis understanding...just confirms its hard when trading pratically ..nevertheless how many times we read theory

harsh
hi harsh
thanx for your reply..actually you did a splendid job today as far as i am concerned... eventhough i read theory several times i forget to think about moving filters.. so the confusion( not misunderstanding).. and at the end i backtested and found the mistake i committed.. thanks again for the support.. meet u tomorrow ..
bijo

bijovyppil

Bijo,

It was better avoid such advanced topics from the absolute beginner guide thread.

Downtrend/uptrend/sidewise moves are basic things and you can find it in "teach a man to fish" thread. Also you can find it by google-ing.

Hope I have tried to answer your queries.
Hari.
hi hari.. no problem..as u said it was better to discuss in mini thread itself.... harsh gave me replies for most of my questions.. and your clarifications were nice too.. for the last one i was trying to tell that it will be nice to give example trades on tough days ( with each example for up move , down move and side ways one) in your library thread.. it will help beginners a lot..
thanks and regards
bijo

TFL

hi hari.. no problem..as u said it was better to discuss in mini thread itself.... harsh gave me replies for most of my questions.. and your clarifications were nice too.. for the last one i was trying to tell that it will be nice to give example trades on tough days ( with each example for up move , down move and side ways one) in your library thread.. it will help beginners a lot..
thanks and regards
bijo
Bijo,

I have detailed why I have taken the long trade at the below link.
http://www.traderji.com/derivatives/24845-mistakes-i-made-flow-method-12.html#post255776
Further discussion there or in library thread.

TFL.

Last edited:
Dear irfan,

You can open icicidirect nri account by contacting the nearest icicidirect office or by emailing them from the website icicidirect.com .
They provide 2 margin trading products.
1. Margin - Put to 4 times leverage (varies for each stocks)
2. Margin Plus - Up to 10 times (varies for each stocks)

The brokerage rates differ according to the trading volume. Check it in the website of icicidirect itself. Their web platform is not good for day trading. Only web platform available for normal traders.

Hari.
Thanks Hari....

Status
Not open for further replies.