Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Can someone please explain the above image to me. I am trying to do a What If analysis on NOW. I entered a sell trade for Nifty Feb Futures at 6090. I want to understand the margin requirements. What do the four rows mean?
This one is very easy to view. Firstly, make sure that you're looking at the rows which say 'Risk 13906'
Just look at the Margin Used column... In the first line, it gives you the probable amount that needs to be in your account to take the position.
In the second line, it shows you the amount you may have blocked with existing positions OR it will show your profits/losses for those trades.
In your case, it shows you how much money you need for this position after excluding the profits you've made in your previous transaction.

lvgandhi

Murthy, I wouldn't imagine anyone from Zerodha blaming an external party immediately without first trying to resolve it. We always take responsibility for our products and back it up with good service.

The issue with the data table is bigger than we originally thought it was. At first a few small fixes were tried at our end, but the problem reappeared. Now we're working with our developers to permanently resolve issues with the data table. This may take about a week's time to be fixed fully. Also, we're going to update the missing data by end of day today so that you can view your charts accurately without any problems.

Hari
Dear Mr.Hari,
Regarding data table error, I have reported on 28th itself here and also emailed to you. I was asked for screenshot by mail, may be as proof, I have send that also yesterday. Today's mail tells me it will be fixed at the end of day. Post 7PM also it is not fixed. I have sent by mail todays's screenshot also. Tomorrow is series settlement day for futures. This series can not wait for a week. Please ask your technical team to take these seriously and do some thing at the earliest.

a1b1trader

I understand that there is some problem with the data table in ZT

I got intraday data table from intraday charts.
But can we get historical data table say 2days, 5 days, 10 days in ZT
Is it the same way as that of intraday data table.
I tried to open historical charts but it is showing error.
Is there a way to open historical charts.

lvgandhi

Upto 08:30 now, data table error persists. Not rectified. Series settlement ends today.

kumudhan

i am new to commodity trading...today i am long in GOLDM 13FEB FUTURES.at 5 p.m. someone from zerodha called me and told me as today is expiry day for goldm i should close my position before 11 p.m. tonight.but in zerodha trader the expiry date showing as 5FEB2013.SO WHATS THE EXPIRYDATE FOR THIS CONTRACT?SACHIN OR SOME OTHER SENIOR PL HELP.

Zerodha

i am new to commodity trading...today i am long in GOLDM 13FEB FUTURES.at 5 p.m. someone from zerodha called me and told me as today is expiry day for goldm i should close my position before 11 p.m. tonight.but in zerodha trader the expiry date showing as 5FEB2013.SO WHATS THE EXPIRYDATE FOR THIS CONTRACT?SACHIN OR SOME OTHER SENIOR PL HELP.
Hi Kumudhan,

http://www.mcxindia.com/Uploads/Products/5/Gold Mini January 2013 Contract Onwards.pdf

Go to annexure 2 which shows delivery and settlement.

Tender period for gold is between 1st and 5th . So what this means is that if you are long gold and hold the position overnight, it is very easily possible that you are assigned.. Gold once it is in the tender period is compulsory delivery, so this would mean that you will have to buy the 100gms of gold(Gold M) physically..

This could mean a lot of hassles and hence most online commodity brokers ask the clients to rollover or square off positions before a contract enters compulsory delivery.

check out contract specifications before you start trading any commodity on MCX website..

One of my friend has received a mail from his broker regarding enabling his account for trading on MCX-SX which is all set to commence operations from 11 FEB.

He has been asked to sign a document for trading in Equity/Derivatives/Currency segments of MCX the same way Zerodha asked me for BSE.

So my questions for Zerodha

1. Are you registered with MCX-SX?
2. If yes how can we, as your clients trade in the various segments of MCX-SX, when trading starts on Feb 11th?
3. What are all the documents do we need to provide to activate on MCX-SX our existing trading accounts with you?
4. If enabled can we trade MCX-SX using NEST/NOW?(This doubt arises because MCX and Financial Tech are partners, I assume they have their own trading platform)
5.Any changes in brokerage and other fees structure?
6.Is there any separate mobile trading application for trading MCX-SX?

Note:Traderji members, please add any other queries/doubts you have regarding MCX-SX to the above list.

Zerodha, is there any chance that you can switch to a better mobile trading software?....probably a replica of NOW....I had to switch back from NEST to NOW only because of this ZT Mobile which is very below avg app....It crashes every 10 mins on my mobile....I don't know if all the people on this forum know about this....NOW mobile trading doesn't even time out the session now. You just need to log in once and you can be logged on to it for the whole day...this means 15 mins time out is definitely not any regulation...its just a jazz.....

Zerodha, if you can please ask the NEST guys to replicate the NOW, it would be a great combination of the computer and Mobile Software for NEST, and I will be able to trade all of the exchanges on the same NEST platform. Please please please do this....its really the need of the hour.....

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.