Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subhadip

one more question.. I have account in F&O and at the time of opening my account I have given DP account of Sharekhan..

Question is.. can I buy through zerodha.....my equities...will that be transferred to my sharekhan DP..

also can I sell from zerodha ?

1)what are opening & annual maintenance charges for demat & trading accounts?

2)For example if my F&O order executed & amount for order is 1,00,000.Then my brokerage will be Rs.10(i.e, 0.01%) or Rs.20?

3)can i open trading account jointly with my friend or we should open induvidually?

4) How much brokerage should i pay,if i place an order of 5000 shares Itc @ Rs.300,if my order executed like this....500 shares @ Rs 299..........1000 shares @ Rs 299.5............1200 shares @ Rs 299.8.........2700 shares @ Rs 300

Last edited:
Hey Mayank,

I hope we could swithc our jobs for a day, I run your trading strategy and you answer queries on Zerodha on open forums.. ;).. phewwwwww!!!!! .. :) .. Have been on this forum everyday answering queries for the last 2.5 years, might have missed a couple of days.. Traderji is default page on my browser and hence will always show logged in..

A lot of work was put yesterday morning onwards and I was sitting with omnesys team to ensure that this doesn't happen again..

It is one thing to offer NOW and do broking, but having our own technology and at the margin we work.. hmmm .. it is very challenging.. ;).. If we had clients like you who were paying us 50k/month , I'd be your personal assistant.. ;)..

@Vasu, the mobile platform was working properly today, was on it the whole day as was tracking the markets sitting at the Omnesys office.. If you have any such issues, please call us up or send an email to [email protected],
@ SACHIN--Mail already sent.Copy of correspondence is as below.
Usual irrelevant response.
If working fine,why should I raise this that too during market hours.
Hmmm vasu

Dear Sir
To day just now tried to order nifty.But not able to as qty should be in mull( or some thing similar) came.Neither accepted 50 nor 1.What to .No chart ,cannot put order Then what to do with mobile platform!?only to see rate.Pl do some thing as have power cut daily 12 to 2pm

Padma Vasudevan

What is meant by "quantity should be in multiples of mull"- This came in putting order quantity.

PV

Hi Vasudevan,

Kindly note, when you are placing orders in nifty options or futures it should be in multiples of 50 since the lot size is equal to 50. If you place any other number like 1, 60, 95 etc it will not accept. The mobile platform is working fine you can view chart and you can also place orders with out any hassles. Please feel free to contact if find any issues.

Regards
Vinay

Please read again carefully.50 was not accepted.I tried many times with 50 qty.
You have not indicated where to look for chart.
I use Zerodha Trader mobile platform

@ Nitin--I expect response after going through my query fully.
This is the reason I requested chat/messenger back up as irrelevant reply took more than two hours
PV

megapixel

@ SACHIN--Mail already sent.Copy of correspondence is as below.
Usual irrelevant response.
If working fine,why should I raise this that too during market hours.
Hmmm vasu

Dear Sir
To day just now tried to order nifty.But not able to as qty should be in mull( or some thing similar) came.Neither accepted 50 nor 1.What to .No chart ,cannot put order Then what to do with mobile platform!?only to see rate.Pl do some thing as have power cut daily 12 to 2pm

Padma Vasudevan

What is meant by "quantity should be in multiples of mull"- This came in putting order quantity.

PV

Hi Vasudevan,

Kindly note, when you are placing orders in nifty options or futures it should be in multiples of 50 since the lot size is equal to 50. If you place any other number like 1, 60, 95 etc it will not accept. The mobile platform is working fine you can view chart and you can also place orders with out any hassles. Please feel free to contact if find any issues.

Regards
Vinay

Please read again carefully.50 was not accepted.I tried many times with 50 qty.
You have not indicated where to look for chart.
I use Zerodha Trader mobile platform

@ Nitin--I expect response after going through my query fully.
This is the reason I requested chat/messenger back up as irrelevant reply took more than two hours
PV
what do you mean by not accepted....Is it throwing any error ?

Login issues this morning?

Hi,
Are there any login issues for ZT/Web this morning?
Today is the first time I tried to login at 7am IST to place a pre-market order (or after hours order) to close my overnight position since I would be out later. But I am not able to login. OR is there a limitation to login at early mornings?

Anyone else facing the same problem - unable to login?

ZT log (for a reference):
13-12-2012,07:53:35 -- Enabling HeartBeat for TouchLine Broadcast DD failed
13-12-2012,07:53:35 -- Enabling HeartBeat for Broadcast DD failed
13-12-2012,07:53:35 -- Enabling HeartBeat for Interactive DD failed
13-12-2012,07:53:29 -- **--------------------------------- Welcome To NEST Trader Version : 3.10.57.97.7 ---------------------------------**

@Zerodha: any maintenance/upgrade activity ongoing? will be helpful if users are notified of this maintenance window in advance or atleast on the trade.zerodha.com webpage.

Thanks

Last edited:

murthyavr

Re: Login issues this morning?

Hi,
Are there any login issues for ZT/Web this morning?
Today is the first time I tried to login at 7am IST to place a pre-market order (or after hours order) to close my overnight position since I would be out later. But I am not able to login. OR is there a limitation to login at early mornings?

Anyone else facing the same problem - unable to login?

ZT log (for a reference):
13-12-2012,07:53:35 -- Enabling HeartBeat for TouchLine Broadcast DD failed
13-12-2012,07:53:35 -- Enabling HeartBeat for Broadcast DD failed
13-12-2012,07:53:35 -- Enabling HeartBeat for Interactive DD failed
13-12-2012,07:53:29 -- **--------------------------------- Welcome To NEST Trader Version : 3.10.57.97.7 ---------------------------------**

@Zerodha: any maintenance/upgrade activity ongoing? will be helpful if users are notified of this maintenance window in advance or atleast on the trade.zerodha.com webpage.

Thanks
Again today.

Sachin, please note that we also need to tweak our Market Watches (thanks
to the ridiculous limit you have put) before the market opens.

Zerodha

Guys, we are running tests to ensure that the issue which was there for an hour the other day doesn't happen again... You will be able to login before 9... We might run this activity until this weekend...

ganeshams

Please put maitanance messages or offline page inform all the clients. morning I am trying to login to ZT and getting message " Invalid User ID" got confused tried everything before visiting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.