Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Yes, there are differences. Ignoring Nest, the differences are between the Pi market watch and chart themselves. For example, taking the 12:09:00 to 12:09:59 bar of BankNifty_1 of today:

Pi chart: low is 17567.20 (running chart)
Pi chart: low is 17555.25 (after reloading the chart)
Capture: low is 17555.00 (Day low is same in market watch).
Nest Plus: low is 17555.00

There are also differences in the intermediate swings. For the 1:01:00 to 1:01:59 bar of the same symbol:

Pi chart: high is 17749.70 (running chart)
Pi chart: high is 17758.95 (after reloading the chart)
Capture: high is 17758.90
Nest Plus: high is 17760.00

As a general rule, Pi2Ami capture should definitely be least accurate of the three. For a Pi running chart, I cannot say if broadcast drop is the cause.
When you say "reloading the chart" ie opening a fresh chart or is there a way to refresh the chart, haven't noticed the option in PI, hence the query

Yep Nithin also answers, but not this one. :)

We have index live charts on our new platform Pi. The chart is plotted as a 1 min candle chart, but of course all live ticks are captured.

this video shows banknifty future chart, u get similar chart for nifty index : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVnEh1yVA4c
Thank you for the reply;
I don't see any movement in the chart candle or any tick movement in that video.

1 minute candle is too late in a day traders life. I want to see the nifty index ticker moving up and down with every tick like equity chart ticks move.
Infact nifty ticker moves faster then any equity chart.
But don't know why brokers are supplying 1 minute delayed nifty candle.

You have said it captures all ticks; then why not show it on chart. Or give at least 1 Second candle option. This 1 Minute candle is history; I don't want to see a history candle.

What options do I have?

Last edited:

lazytrader

Hi,

I need a little clarity on how linking a non-IL&FS account with Zerodha works. While reading up on the available options I came across some options like having beneficiary activated and beneficiary not activated kind of options some other discount broker has. I need more clarity on how it works and what charges apply.

If it is explained somewhere please let me know. If not could you please explain with examples assuming my DP charges Rs.10 per debit from my demat account.

Thanks in advance.

VJAY

Pi is ok, stable enough, but placing a bracket order is a *****. One has to change between the mouse and keyboard 2-3 times. You enter the price and press tab, it goes straight to the "submit" button without going to the target, stoploss fields. You have to use the mouse to click on the target field, and when you enter the target price and press tab, the mouse goes God knows where, I can't see it. I have to again click in the stoploss field to see it. This is too much for a 10 finger typist/ keyboard commando like me. Further, it doesn't remember the previous values of the target/stoploss values.

Will revert to ztrader for a day or two and then decide which one do I prefer :)

Nest is ok if you are using one chart only (or no charts at all). Further, one has become used to Nest for some months now.
Dear TP bro,
Please share your experience in charts also which are not given confidence to me ..

VJAY

Perhaps the big PLUS point with PI is ,to place an order from chart.
But ,I have not tested PI fully ,like Bracket Order etc....
Dear columbus,
Can you please share your exp with charts of PI ?is it giving you correct place to entry/sl for your intraday trades?

Brill

Yusi, we can stream more ticks, but if the end user doesn't really have good bandwidth, the number of ticks he can accept will be significantly lesser. The live charts will be still plotted based on the ticks the end user has received. If the internet is really good, the live charts will be a lot more accurate.

But like tracerbullet has rightly put,the other option is to backfill server data every once in a while, end of every candle or end of every few candles. We could do this either automatically or given an option to fetch the latest few candles from our server. No one does this presently other than esignal (esignal actually continuously backfills server data). On our list of things to do.

But if someone is using 1mbps + kind of connection, the quality of data is as good or better than most platforms out there.
Hope you take Tracerbullets suggestion as priority No.1 for next update. Other than this issue, Pi is much stable and comfortable than ZT.( I have not used any other terminal! ).

VJAY

Hope you take Tracerbullets suggestion as priority No.1 for next update. Other than this issue, Pi is much stable and comfortable than ZT.( I have not used any other terminal! ).
Dear brill,
Please post about charts in PI.....you trading intraday trading from chart?if so please share ur experience...:)

columbus

Dear columbus,
Can you please share your exp with charts of PI ?is it giving you correct place to entry/sl for your intraday trades?
Dear VJAY,

I compared the quotes of PI with that of Trade Tiger of sharekhan. On some
day TT quotes lagged behind PI and sometimes PI quotes lagged behind TT.
So unable to make a conclusion.But both followed the TREND.Never made
a minute study of candles.