Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

TracerBullet

Yusi,

The live chart is formed from the ticks that are captured on the marketwatch. So the quality of data is not the best on the marketwatch, be it any marketwatch (Pi, NEST, FT, whatever).

When you load a chart, the historical chart is formed using our data server which has very high quality of data.

So if you load a chart at 11am, the 11:01 am candle is formed by the ticks the marketwatch gets. At 11.02am, if you close the chart and reopen the chart, the data for the 11.01 am candle comes from the data server. So the
data doesn't match exactly. But like I said, the data server is as close to reality as possible.

@Vjay, if you want to see the most accurate chart, the only way is to get a colo on the exchange, host your charting platform there, subscribe for NSE tick by tick data, and access that platform via a leased line/internet. Only that will be a chart that will be 100% close to reality.
1) Nest stream data which ideally should be similar to pi stream seems to be good enough to me for intraday. Its quite similar to icharts. Absolute extremes dont matter for me if its close enough.

2) But you admit that your server has better historical data. I had said this before - How hard is it to update the chart say once a minute with more accurate data overwriting martketwatch stream data? I could have a disconnection or my bandwidth may be shared which can cause tick update loss.

Now that pi is your tool - i cant see any reason why you cant do this. It will then make everyone happy with Pi data and should work even if their net connection is not that good/shared etc.

Zerodha

Yes, I entirely agree with you. That is why two values were quoted -- one with running charts and one with a chart reload. So if a person were to view the Pi charts from a historical perspective, there would be little to complain. I also concur that various terminals have their small differences in value, and that is valid and acceptable.

The ticks that the market watch gets are, at best, an approximation of the bar. Here, if you could just think through "candle is formed by the ticks the marketwatch gets" the problem is self-explanatory. In your case, since you have server based accurate data from the source, you should have a fairly easy fix wherein your running charts are not (grossly) mismatched with the refreshed ones. Users would be trading from the running chart.
Yusi, we can stream more ticks, but if the end user doesn't really have good bandwidth, the number of ticks he can accept will be significantly lesser. The live charts will be still plotted based on the ticks the end user has received. If the internet is really good, the live charts will be a lot more accurate.

But like tracerbullet has rightly put,the other option is to backfill server data every once in a while, end of every candle or end of every few candles. We could do this either automatically or given an option to fetch the latest few candles from our server. No one does this presently other than esignal (esignal actually continuously backfills server data). On our list of things to do.

But if someone is using 1mbps + kind of connection, the quality of data is as good or better than most platforms out there.