Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Dax Devil

Hmm... we have tried to get info on this from the exchanges, will let u all know in a bit if we get any response.

It is just not retail traders, Exchanges and brokerages will be screwed if this were to happen.
I know the BSE brokers mafia would be very happy to see it happen to discount brokers like zerodha. But, come on man, gather up your allies and make stand publicaly! Go on TV or whatever, but do something. You can't let this handful of 2 bit government officials kill the enterprising spirit of the millions!

Jai Mata Di

Hmm... we have tried to get info on this from the exchanges, will let u all know in a bit if we get any response.

It is just not retail traders, Exchanges and brokerages will be screwed if this were to happen.
Quote:
Exchanges are said to have sent their feedback on the proposed move to Sebi. While NSE and MCX-SX are against the proposal, the Bombay Stock Exchange is in favour of it :lol:.

It is clear that this is 2nd attempt to restrict the business of discount brokers after prevoius attempt failed. Read it.

http://www.livemint.com/Money/fGc6m...et-a-minimum-fee-for-discount-brokerages.html

This time also it would be definitely failed bcoz less participation means less business for NSE-MCX. No need to worry. :)
While BSE has other ways of earnings(manipulation of penny stocks & commissions from big brokers lobby) so only they can support it. :D

--------------
According to present law if nifty remains 8000 for more than one month (contract value less than 2 lakh)then lot size would be automatically increased to 50 (contract value around 4 lakh). Few months ago before reduced lot size 25, contract size was around 4 lakh. 5 lakh is not far away. :p

So, even in worst cases, min 5 lakh contract size also may not be a problem for most retail traders. But 10 lakh might be a problem for some, as it means 100 units per lot.

Best Wishes & Happy Trading.

H.C.

Last edited:
I really wonder what stops Zerodha to invest more money into their business instead of putting the money for other persons business via rainmatter?

What does this mean? Zerodha don't trust their current brokerage business? So may we expect Zerodha dump this business any sooner or selling to some other hand?

Why Zerodha wants to invest millions of dollar money via rainmatter in other persons business idea but not in their business?

If Zerodha invest more money in their trading platform, that can give them real edge over competitors but Zerodha claiming as a discount brokerage they can't employ more people and other obvious reasons but for the rainmatter where from the money comes?
If you see, they are funding financial startups that will complement Zerodha example being TradeLab that has built Pi. But again like everyone, i want to see their sincere efforts translate into a blockbuster.

Zerodha

Tax filing season is coming close, we have done a bunch of things to help stay compliant.

http://zerodha.com/z-connect/traders-zone/taxation-for-traders/zerodha-tax-aide-while-you-trade

also exchanges have started sharing trading data with the IT department. The news is that this year the IT department will be able to start making sense of the data, so the chances of getting a notice for wrong/non filing is significantly higher.

Hopefully all these initiatives help. But if you haven't yet started filing/declaring your trading on ITR, now is a good time.

Zerodha,

I keep getting Configuration Error for Nest plus few times from past 2 weeks .
I tried with ctrl+shift+p and refresh and tried relogin but it does not work.
So had to uninstall nest plus and then reinstall it and try few times then it works.
Please provide a good fix for this problem.

Thank you