Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Aman1

Well that's a relief. How can you provide data outside of your terminal? Earlier you said it was against the exchange rules. What has changed? Can you shed a light on how you found a workaround?
BTW, NT8 would be out soon, are you one of the beta testers?
why not NJ? If IB can give you data plugin with so many trading softwares like MD ninja etc. Zerodha can also do that. Why should exchanges object Coz thats for customers of broker not for sale to everyone. This would be a welcome step.

manishchan

Yes we have started, we should have a set of videos soon.
Zerodha -

It's good to see the new patch in PI. Hopefully, it is much more stable than the previous versions.

One serious issue remains though : Let's say I draw trend lines on daily chart and then I want to trade based on the same trend line on 30 min. Now there is no solution for this.. because we can not drop down to 30 min timeframe on the same chart. One has to open another.. Now this is a serious problem and I'm sure most of the traders would agree to this.

Can you look into this & fix it in next version ........... ??

Another (still) missing thing is CrossHair .. This is again another very important feature that I'm sure almost all the traders need. :)

VJAY

Dear PI using guys,
Please share your views trading on PI....is it now stable OR not?I loose money due to its unstability earlier then stopped trading on it...Please share what problems you have seen on live on it...

Zerodha

You have a release on 11/5/2015.Is it a new version?
Yes. if you are using the latest release of Pi, there is an option to check for updates under the help menu.

Just click on it, if there is a latest update it will let you know. Click on update, and the latest update will be done in a jiffy.

No more need of going to Q and check if there is an update or not.

Zerodha

why not NJ? If IB can give you data plugin with so many trading softwares like MD ninja etc. Zerodha can also do that. Why should exchanges object Coz thats for customers of broker not for sale to everyone. This would be a welcome step.
Yep, like Aman said, how NEST/FT gives a tool for real time data on excel, or IB gives for Ami. We will have a similar plugin for say excel and Ami on Pi bridge. We won't provide data outside the terminal, but you will have an option to take it.

Zerodha

Zerodha -

It's good to see the new patch in PI. Hopefully, it is much more stable than the previous versions.

One serious issue remains though : Let's say I draw trend lines on daily chart and then I want to trade based on the same trend line on 30 min. Now there is no solution for this.. because we can not drop down to 30 min timeframe on the same chart. One has to open another.. Now this is a serious problem and I'm sure most of the traders would agree to this.

Can you look into this & fix it in next version ........... ??

Another (still) missing thing is CrossHair .. This is again another very important feature that I'm sure almost all the traders need. :)
Manish, all the initial issues are fixed. The architecture of Pi, doesn't let you move from 1 min to 30 min chart. It is not an easy fix either, so will take time.
Crosshair we are working on, but for now left click and hover over a candle will show all details.

@Zerodha, reposting the old problems, please look into this...
Hi Zerodha,
1).There is no Position Conversion Button in Admin Positions Window in Pi, like Ztrader, so how to convert previous day's NRML position into MIS today? pls see the images below

2). In Ztrader old version (3.10..), Vwap Statistics Window had columns for time stamp like Start Time, End Time, but in new ver. (3.11..) it has only one column ie Time, (which is end time of interval), but it does not match with Nest Plus DATA TABLE bcoz Data Table has start time of interval as time stamp, so for same data Vwap stats and Data Table has different time stamps.
So please add Start Time, End Time columns in Vwap stats window in new version also.

Thanks