Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

rmike

My guess is that you are most likely trading Nifty futures or the most active traded contracts. If you trade the illiquid ones, you will spot this.
Minor correction - The problem will likely happen with the most liquid instruments as the quantum of ticks/sec is more. The illiquid instruments will generally have the OHLC correct because of very less/ infrequent ticks/sec
The issue here is that NSE is sending thousands/lakhs of ticks every second over internet, so most data doesn't really come through to the brokers server. The broker will use whatever data that comes through to create the O H L C. Hence different servers might receive data/ticks which is not exactly the same.

NSE gives out 2mbps dedicated leased lines today, so unless this goes to say 2gbps, I don't see how this issue will ever get fixed.
The pro data providers subscribe to multiple dedicated leased lines and set up multiple servers. A combination of leased line and a server caters to particular number of instruments only. The next combination caters to the next set of instruments/ tickers and so on.... Hence the provided tick data is expected to be fairly accurate. That is why the conventional practice exists abroad, of data providers levying charges as per the number of tickers subscribed to by a client

On a related note, I recollect when GFDL launched their data service, someone in the forums queried their rationale for data scheme charges being based upon number of tickers. Without understanding the basis of this practice and (of course) without them having established similar infrastructure/ data architecture then, they defended their decision by claiming that "because this is generally the practice abroad" :)

Since Zerodha is not an authorized pro data provider but a broker, establishing such an architecture is neither expected nor such expectations ought to be harboured :)

Disclaimer - Corrections and clarifications posted in public interest for educational purposes and not due to compulsions of any affiliation (commercial or otherwise) to named entities or any other similar entity

TracerBullet

Minor correction - The problem will likely happen with the most liquid instruments as the quantum of ticks/sec is more. The illiquid instruments will generally have the OHLC correct because of very less/ infrequent ticks/sec
The pro data providers subscribe to multiple dedicated leased lines and set up multiple servers. A combination of leased line and a server caters to particular number of instruments only. The next combination caters to the next set of instruments/ tickers and so on.... Hence the provided tick data is expected to be fairly accurate. That is why the conventional practice exists abroad, of data providers levying charges as per the number of tickers subscribed to by a client

On a related note, I recollect when GFDL launched their data service, someone in the forums queried their rationale for data scheme charges being based upon number of tickers. Without understanding the basis of this practice and (of course) without them having established similar infrastructure/ data architecture then, they defended their decision by claiming that "because this is generally the practice abroad" :)

Since Zerodha is not an authorized pro data provider but a broker, establishing such an architecture is neither expected nor such expectations ought to be harboured :)

Disclaimer - Corrections and clarifications posted in public interest for educational purposes and not due to compulsions of any affiliation (commercial or otherwise) to named entities or any other similar entity
offtopic - mike - For some reason, whenever i see your post i think of Agent Smith :). You have quite a peculiar/formal writing style. Are you a writer?

rmike

Ot - tb

offtopic - mike - For some reason, whenever i see your post i think of Agent Smith :). You have quite a peculiar/formal writing style. Are you a writer?
Possibly, in a parallel matrix :):D

On a serious note, its a personally held belief that clarity of thought induces clarity of expression. By the same token, when aiming for clarity and precision of expression the mind is 'persuaded' to achieve clarity of thought & focus

Last edited:
You need to download this file from our website, unzip it, and then paste the extracted content into C:\\Program Files\Omnesys\Nest3

This action will ensure you have the latest Nest Charts which is 2.9.3.0

You can check the version of your charts by using the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+P on your keyboard once logged into ZT.
Hi Zerodha

What will be the procedure for NOW users
Thanks

I think this was discussed on Zconnect

Most(all) trading platforms in India plot the chart after it is recorded on the marketwatch. So technically the chart is always lagging the real market.

To fix this, we have a separate data streaming server. So while quotes are being streamed to Marketwatch, it is also being streamed to the charts. So in terms of speed of updates on chart, Pi must be close to the top if not already there.

Why you might have seen a different tick on Marketwatch and on Chart, because it is being streamed separately, ticks captured on marketwatch and chart might be different. Remember, there could be 100 ticks in a second, but what shows up is only one. Check this. http://tradingqna.com/8843/technical-charts-google-finance-yahoo-finance-amibroker-match
My guess is that you are most likely trading Nifty futures or the most active traded contracts. If you trade the illiquid ones, you will spot this.

Here is how it is, NSE gives out raw data feed to brokers via leased lines(internet). NSE raw feed doesn't have O H L C for last 1 min, 5 min, 10 min or whatever. So the broker's server uses the feed and determines this O O H L C. be it for a min hour or whatever.

The issue here is that NSE is sending thousands/lakhs of ticks every second over internet, so most data doesn't really come through to the brokers server. The broker will use whatever data that comes through to create the O H L C. Hence different servers might receive data/ticks which is not exactly the same.

NSE gives out 2mbps dedicated leased lines today, so unless this goes to say 2gbps, I don't see how this issue will ever get fixed.

But yes like someone said, once the day is over, NSE will give an EOD O H L C, so ideally all daily charts O H L C charts should match.
Hello,

Thanks for the explanation.

Any specific reason to use separate streaming feeds one for market watch and other for charts.

The issue of high / low mismatch will not be there if the data feed is the same for both isn't it or am I missing something here ?

Brgds,
Mohan

Brill

Any issue with chart today in Pi?
Opened HDIL 5m chart. It starts from 9:20
Hindalco starts from 9:25

sach007

Impatient Trader
what about Pi BRIDGE to AMIBROKER?

You told that you will be charging 300/- Per Month..

You also told that RELEASE on weekend? What happened?