Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

That could have been the case if data was downloaded and stored in the local computers. Pi does not download any RT data in our computers.

It scavenges the data every single time from their servers. So why is Pi missing the data for the 8th & 9th beats me.

So after the 5th, todays data is displayed. The problems are the Indicators. Wouldn't they be wrong if data is missing? How can anyone rely on the Indicators in such a situation?

Actually the load on the server and our own internet usage could have been reduced if the software downloads some of the data and updates only which was not.

However it down all the scrips, derivatives, and options headers from the respective exchanges EVERY time we log in whether we have only 1 scrips on our marketwatch of 50.

Leave alone indicators. You cannot trade the whole gap from 5th to 10th because it will be shown as one big candle. You will miss the resistances and support and you will lose the trades. Without these, you can never trade...

rrrajguru

ZERODHA

Please tell
how many more days are required
to fix PI with its data structure?

1 day?
2 days?
5 days?

tell something

This big font is to attract your attention.......

I don't care how much they charge as long as its flat and other charges too.

IIFL is already a company that has good capitalization, so we could expect a good bit of service in this. And all I care is their trader terminal. The terminal looks okay to me. I did fill the form and opening an account with them. I generate a fair amount of brokerage daily and I am one of the active clients of Zerodha on Traderji and if I am thinking of moving, then Zerodha might have lost a fair amount of clients silently from their list already.

I did not mind all the problems that Zerodha made us face along the way with Pi and Nest. For a while I never even counted them, people who have been active here like Throwaway and Timepass know how I spoke for Zerodha. Their problems and excuses were acceptable but vaguely.

But what I do not like now is when the client is used to Pi (in intraday, ease of interface counts), he's expected to trade on Nest for the rest of the week or two which is inefficient and unreliable and impossible to trade on. We were told the data servers would be up and working in 10 days almost a month ago. And in addition, even after shifting Pi to the new servers, the data isn't right. To accommodate the new server changes, they have taken more than 3 days when they should have already been ready with the version with all the changes when making the shift.
Now I need to reiterate my whole Pi usage experience with Nest on which I stopped trading nearly two months ago which has a chart like a primary school's graph book.

Well, I really really hope it doesn't come to the point where I withdraw my entire funds from Zerodha for the last time and I am sure, if they see one of their clients who spoke for them all along the way is thinking of moving, they may look into their client database to find thousands who might have already migrated.
Well be cautious there. I was their client some 3yrs ago. Dont know about charts, but there was one or more instances where only a few tickers were updating and i thought its fine but it wasnt. The feed had actually stopped. Weird! I called up their cc and only when i told them this, they did some server change at their end and then it was OK and the lady herself doesnt know what shes taliking,just making up things just the same way a Airtel or a Docomo or an MTS cc does. Amateurish talking. And what else, the online app form was not even working recently. You can just guage their technical prowess where technical know how is too essential.
Things mightve changed but i dont think theyve. And youre saying its a wellknown company and all. Today there are many wellknown companies like Airtel, etc(Was a postpaid cust) but a small grocery shop treats you better than them. The advantage with a small company like Zero is that they r honest and everyone at their cc @ tech support are knowledgeable. When youre with a small company like this youre actually in direct contact with them. Tell me which big brokers run on forums like this. They r not doing good is an altogether different topic. Iam just saying be cautious with IIFL or any other biggies.
Infact ive recently opened up an account with Zero but havent started trading as im pretty scared. I am thinking of moving to RKSV but i dontve adequate info on how they are. So i am stuck. We shud probably stop trading and start playing marbles or keep scratching our own marbles.

Last edited:
Don't worry, you are not only one, it is same error for ALL. :annoyed:

Every day this crap Nest Chart is showing new problem(now only few candles on MCX, high low same(spider wave;)).
And now Zerodha is skipping Trajerji as more problem intensifies. :confused:
Perhaps they have no idea when Pi would be ready for trading with error free data and automatic back filling. But how long we have to wait?....:eek:

Happy Trading.

H.C.

Facing the same problem since yesterday with MCX charts.

It seems, since their relationship is coming to an end, Omnesys has abandoned Zerodha. For the next few months till Pi becomes stable Zerodha's clients will be in doldrums.

Zerodha/ Pi- testers please confirm if Pi has the following facilities.
1) 'Layouts' option - as in Amibroker, where a user can open multiple charts in a predefined order with a single button click.
2) Splitting a single chart horizontally to show price bars in both the split parts and running a separate indicator (like bollinger bands in one and moving averages in the other) in each part.

Regards

Facing the same problem since yesterday with MCX charts.

It seems, since their relationship is coming to an end, Omnesys has abandoned Zerodha. For the next few months till Pi becomes stable Zerodha's clients will be in doldrums.

Zerodha/ Pi- testers please confirm if Pi has the following facilities.
1) 'Layouts' option - as in Amibroker, where a user can open multiple charts in a predefined order with a single button click.
2) Splitting a single chart horizontally to show price bars in both the split parts and running a separate indicator (like bollinger bands in one and moving averages in the other) in each part.

Regards
1.Layouts are not available in Pi. Zerodha has confirmed this. I need this badly..as i watch all 50 stocks.
2. Don't know about splitting charts.

But before you get to 1 and 2 , Pi still has data issue.

I remember asking zerodha about data issues before the first release of Pi and they were so confident about data. They even claimed they will give more quality data than data vendors.

@Zerodha , what do you have to say about this? Again , please don't deviate from the main topic which is data issue. preemptive reminder there..

Jai Mata Di

I don't care how much they charge as long as its flat and other charges too.

IIFL is already a company that has good capitalization, so we could expect a good bit of service in this. And all I care is their trader terminal. The terminal looks okay to me. I did fill the form and opening an account with them.
I think you are missing two things about them.
1. They are not giving their trader terminal with flat brokerage scheme(clearly mentioned in their web site). They are providing only web terminal.
2. There is a big amount of hidden charges added to transaction charges.
(as a big broker their volume is big, so they are paying very less transaction charge(according to slab) with NSE, they are also clearing member; but cheating clients from long days :D).

Happy Trading.

H.C.

Well be cautious there. I was their client some 3yrs ago. Dont know about charts, but there was one or more instances where only a few tickers were updating and i thought its fine but it wasnt. The feed had actually stopped. Weird! I called up their cc and only when i told them this, they did some server change at their end and then it was OK and the lady herself doesnt know what shes taliking,just making up things just the same way a Airtel or a Docomo or an MTS cc does. Amateurish talking. And what else, the online app form was not even working recently. You can just guage their technical prowess where technical know how is too essential.
Things mightve changed but i dont think theyve. And youre saying its a wellknown company and all. Today there are many wellknown companies like Airtel, etc(Was a postpaid cust) but a small grocery shop treats you better than them. The advantage with a small company like Zero is that they r honest and everyone at their cc @ tech support are knowledgeable. When youre with a small company like this youre actually in direct contact with them. Tell me which big brokers run on forums like this. They r not doing good is an altogether different topic. Iam just saying be cautious with IIFL or any other biggies.
Infact ive recently opened up an account with Zero but havent started trading as im pretty scared. I am thinking of moving to RKSV but i dontve adequate info on how they are. So i am stuck. We shud probably stop trading and start playing marbles or keep scratching our own marbles.

You are mostly correct about how big companies and small companies treat a client. The thing is bad customer support is always there in many companies.
Honestly Zerodha has the best customer support. You get direct touch with CEO only if need be.
But, I am not looking for solely the best customer support. You see, modern technology is not efficient and it does give up on us. And I see many reviews about other brokers and I did not see any one or on any forum, people posting thousands of posts just about the same old problem.
I guess its a trade off. A big company may put good architecture in place but have a bad support. I am hoping that the good architecture will restrain us from calling their support.
Zerodha does have better support but what has it accomplished. In sending us the obvious message that they are facing a technical issue when we already are logged in and trying to call the support. The new servers went live, Saturday and Sunday, both days data was visible and everything looked fine. I get up Monday morning to trade and the server is taken down. One and half hour into the trading session, I get a message about the problem they never expected. Customer support can hardly do anything. With any company, the issue can be solved only by the concerned department. Customer support from Airtel to Vodafone to Microsoft to every technology oriented company is amateurish because they cannot hire an engineer to play that role and hence the bad support. So, you have problem on certain days and you call up customer support at Zerodha, you feel you were just given prioritized response but the response doesn't give a solution. I have not seen Zerodha solving the problem ever before the trading session ended. Well..!! After 3:30, we wouldn't even call, we would just let them rectify it by themselves. What matters is can they rectify it with in a couple hours which they have failed. And to top that, there's not a day we trade peacefully. A week of trading and they mess up one day which they take a whole week to solve...
I do not want to move away from Zerodha but I would if at least one broker can offer lesser problems that Zerodha has made us face, I guess it comes to the inevitable. There were emotions and sentiments initially but it dies down with these never ending problems.