Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

Hi guys,

Just a suggestion for Quant, given the way you're treating profits (i.e. booking them on the day of initiation rather than what I think would be more logical, i.e. Mark-to-market).

Can you:
1) Give us the ability to mark trades mark-to-market if we prefer? (Afterall, every day marks an independent decision in the life of a trade - the decision to let a trade run has an impact so should be part of our trading record review).
2) Can you give us the ability to separate trades that were settled intraday v/s positions that were carried forward and therefore the ability to view each record independently?
3) If at some stage, you can also throw in the ability to look at our record by instrument type - i.e. all NIFTY trades, v/s all RIL trades or whatever.

Continue to be impressed by the sheer energy that is put into innovation at Zerodha. You guys have me sold; and have my best wishes. Would love a response to the suggestions raised above.

Cheers.
Giving an option based on when the trades was entered to and based on daily MTM, should be quite simple. Nithin had both ready, but thought showing both might confuse people. But I guess Quant will be used more by experienced people, will bounce this off him tomorrow and get it done.

1 & 2, ability to let you mark trades, that is tricky.

3. Coming soon...

Oh no! :eek: I just remembered why didn't I subscribed to GDFL couple of years back when I wanted to. :annoyed: It's because I was using Esignal and they said their software uses Esignal Plugin to feed Amibroker / Ninjatrader. Hence I can't use their product alongside with Esignal. :lol:
hiya, how much do you shell out for esignal data? cheers

Zerodha,

Since yesterday evening, I am not getting the charts on Pi.

When a reqest is made for a chart it shows this msg

"Unable to connect to Ip/Port combination 103.26.98.72:5003"

is any of your server down ?

Secondly can you provide a provision to define our own back testing range ?

bpr

For working people like me, this floating window is an added advantage!!! As it stays even on top of my desktop or any thing I am doing, I don't have to go back to pi to know market stat!! It's an wonderful thing to me!
No probs. I am not asking to remove anything but just additional option for users who want to disable it.

Hi All and Zerodha,

I think there was some bad reaction to Pi release, mostly due to communication failure.

What we must note is that we had really high expectation of BETA release.

We need to understand that this is not the final complete product and you cannot use it for trading as of now. It is only a preview of final product.

But what Zerodha failed is to communicate these expectations clearly. Had they done that before releasing it , people wouldn't react so harshly. Not everyone can understand what BETA release is all about. So before doing the BETA release they should clearly communicate what is being released and what should be the expectation.

I think the guy under the name 'Zerodha' is not aware of SDLC cycles/not from software background.

@Zerodha - it will be best if you set the community expectation right form the beginning before making announcements and commitments going forward.

All in all , Pi has a long way to go. Hopefully it will take 1 year to the final release and not more. But no pressure Zerodha. software takes time to build. you don't have to be in hurry to release as you are the only one in the race.

Anyways good initiative Zerodha.:D