Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

@Zerodha,

In your Time Analytics you have this ..

I choose the Date range ...and then I click on Weekday Overview tab.

In the output I find bars for each days . i.e 5 bars for 5 weekdays.

I want to know how do you calculate bar value here when I choose a date range.

For example, could you please tell how do you calculate Monday bar value in a given date range here ?
The equity curve will be up by tonight. All the techie boys were off till yesterday.

Days are considered based on the day you entered the trade. So for example if you bought 100 shares on a monday and sold it the same friday for a profit of Rs 100, this Rs 100 gets added to Monday.

All such profits earned on a monday is accumulated for the time period you have chosen.

In the weekday breakdown, each of those mondays/all weekdays is actually plotted as a scatter plot.

megapixel

So for example if you bought 100 shares on a monday and sold it the same friday for a profit of Rs 100, this Rs 100 gets added to Monday.
a little confusion here.

does the exit day has to be in the same week of purchase or it could be any day in the given date range ? please confirm.

The equity curve will be up by tonight. All the techie boys were off till yesterday.

Days are considered based on the day you entered the trade. So for example if you bought 100 shares on a monday and sold it the same friday for a profit of Rs 100, this Rs 100 gets added to Monday.

All such profits earned on a monday is accumulated for the time period you have chosen.

In the weekday breakdown, each of those mondays/all weekdays is actually plotted as a scatter plot.
Zerodha, shouldn't it be based on the day you booked profits/losses?

Brill

Zerodha

a little confusion here.

does the exit day has to be in the same week of purchase or it could be any day in the given date range ? please confirm.
That was just an example, it could be any day in the given date range.

So if you buy on 1st which is a monday and sell it on 20th which is a thursday, and if this trade made you profits, it gets added to the day you entered the trade.