Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Jai Mata Di

Eagerly waiting for the launch of Pi..

Going by the excitement which Pi has generated on this forum, it seems all traders would suddenly start doing profitable trades as soon as Pi is launched. :rofl:
Trading with Nest and Nest Plus Charts...

is like playing 20-20 International Cricket in 21 st century with 1901 AD - 1930 AD Cricket Bats.

Excitement with trading with Pi is like playing 20-20 Cricket with

:lol: :clapping:

A Good Free Charting Software inbuild with Trading Terminal for using trading indicators effectively is must for beginners. Most of beginners trade with small volumes for longer time until they are profitable, they can't effort cost of data feed(Ami/Meta/MT4) for longer times(until profitable). Data Feeding from Nest Trader has many dis advantages too. :)
Pi would be more useful than NEST for pro traders(profitable) too in various ways.. buy/sell on charts, C# Formula Editor, more flexible semi automatic trading, many more.. :p

So excitement is building up among most of traders (profitable and non profitable)...
Eagerly waiting for the launch of Pi :)

Happy Trading.

H.C

Jai Mata Di

Re: Eagerly waiting for the launch of Pi..

what are those disadvantages? cud u enlighten me on tht

i use amibrokerfeeder to get charts on amibroker and i yet dont know any demerits of doing so

I have faced following disadvantages:-

1. There is limitation of Number of scripts using data feeds with Nest Plus. There are more than 200-300 good stocks for trading (we can use amibroker real-time stock screening on them to find opportunity). We can't import all stocks using market watch. :eek:
2. There is limitation with back fillings(number of days) with NEST also. If some one not trading due to long holiday/other reasons would not get required back fillings of all previous days when back to trading again. Charts will be useless. :annoyed:
3.There is not enough intraday data in longer time frames like H1, H2, H4 also. You have to run Nest amibrokerfeeder for at least 6-8 month to plot a 200MA on H4(4 hourly) charts. ;)

Happy Trading.

H.C.

i come across news from time to time that FIIs sold "x $million" of index puts, DIIs sold "y $million"......
FIIs broke all previous records in selling strangles just before election results were announced on may 16

my doubt is how come they are able to trade such huge quantities when max allowed is selling 200 lots of nifty options. the exchange has set a "quantity freeze" for that many lots

200 lots is too limiting. it translates to margin requirements of somewhere around 50 lakhs which, i think, is within the reach of several retail participants too. 50 lakhs is less than a tenth of a million dollars!!

is the 200 lot limit applicable to individuals only?

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
i come across news from time to time that FIIs sold "x $million" of index puts, DIIs sold "y $million"......
FIIs broke all previous records in selling strangles just before election results were announced on may 16

my doubt is how come they are able to trade such huge quantities when max allowed is selling 200 lots of nifty options. the exchange has set a "quantity freeze" for that many lots

200 lots is too limiting. it translates to margin requirements of somewhere around 50 lakhs which, i think, is within the reach of several retail participants too. 50 lakhs is less than a tenth of a million dollars!!

is the 200 lot limit applicable to individuals only?
Lol there is some thing called order slicing and algo machines

Lol there is some thing called order slicing and algo machines
thnks a lot copypaste...
i had a very big misconception that a "qty freeze" nos. limit a person to max of 200 lots in a particular option contract. now i know that its only the limit imposed on how big a single trade can be.

for eg: this means if i want to sell 400 lots of "oct 8000 CE", i'll just need to do it in several pieces(trades) on the condition that any individual piece(trade) must not exceed 200 lots :)

Jai Mata Di

Some important Suggestions for PI..

Dear,
Zerodha,

Is it possible to add following important features with PI (next versions)? :)

1. Comparing different stocks with Index within same window like below sample chart with Bank Nifty, State Bank of India, ICICI Bank & HDFC Bank(from Google)?

2. Live NSE & BSE Advance Decline chart like below which is a very good indicator to get the strength of the Market.

3. Colored Heatmap of NSE, BSE and other sectors like below.

All the above features are very useful to traders and based on only FREE NSE/BSE live data. It would be excellent if you can implement these with PI. :thumb:

Best Wishes.
Happy Trading.

H.C.