Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

If you have 1 lk worth of stocks in your account, you can send us an email to pledge this. Once it is pledge after the exchange stipulated haircut we will give, say Rs 70000 to trade on F&O. you will also need to have some free cash to meet any MTM requirement.

When you pledge stocks, you can't use the same money to buy more stocks.

Margin funding account is like an OD (overdraft) or Loan account. While opening the account you would be granted a limit and you will be able to buy upto this limit.
Okay sir, I understood the part where it works like an OD. But my question remains as to why wouldn't I be allowed to buy stocks up to the tune of 70000?

Zerodha

Now your IT mail box is going to be flooded wid email.. you should expect it from everyone in TJ for sure.. ;) :D :lol:
Phew, didn't really think so many people will be active on traderji, this was the only place where we had put up the message. Guys, we were planning on 10 people testing it out for a week, we have hit that limit. We should be good to launch in the next 15 days.

Zerodha

@zerodha,
can you explain how margin funding works with ilfs and zerodha ,for example in geojit with one lakh in trading account as cash one can get upto one lakh as margin fund so one can buy two lakh worth stocks .is it similar with you or bit different?
regards
M Prakash
Yep similar, the only thing is that you will have to open a margin funding account separately with ILFS. You will be able to buy for a lot more, but whatever margin you utilize, ILFS will charge you interest on that amount .

Phew, didn't really think so many people will be active on traderji, this was the only place where we had put up the message. Guys, we were planning on 10 people testing it out for a week, we have hit that limit. We should be good to launch in the next days.
I hope till then I am completely registered with Zerodha :clapping:

Zerodha

Zerodha, I have 2 questions.

1. If one signs up for Pi beta then does he continues to get to trade on Zerodha Nest Trader simultaneously. Is it like Now Terminal and Nest trader terminal thing where you choose one and other terminal gets disabled for your Id.

2. Can you add Daily,Weekly, Monthly Pivots (Classic 3 levels of supports and resistances lines {R3 R2 R1 PIVOT S1 S2 S3}) and MidPivots on Pi's Charts? If not then please try to add this very important study in Pi.
1. It will not be like NOW. People who use PI, will be able to use both NEST and PI, but not simultaneously. You will have to logout from one to use the other.

2. The pivots are not really there right now, but yeah will make a note of it for the next release.

Zerodha

Re: We want Nifty Spot Chart with PI..

Dear Zeroda,

Nifty Spot Chart is essential for most of Nifty Future and Option Traders.This post is for reminding you again, as you are doing last phase of beta testing on PI. We are demanding this for long time. :lol:
Nifty Spot Chart is visible with many other brokers terminal, but not with NEST. :confused:

Is Nifty Spot Chart visible with PI?
If not, please do the needful. As exchange do provide Nifty Spot data, it should not be a big problem to show Nifty Spot Chart with customizable terminal like PI. The refresh rate might be little bit slower than future chart but we need the Nifty Spot chart too for critical support/resistance etc.:p

Is that good to ask for daily closing price of Nifty Spot in crow.in without providing Nifty Spot Chart with Zerodha trading terminal? :D
If you are building Crowd Index on Nifty Spot, you must provide Nifty Spot Chart too for better analysis. Please make it visible with PI. :thumb:

Best Wishes,
Happy Trading.

H.C.
Yep, Nifty, Banknifty and CNXIT, historical + Live charts are available.

Here is something else we have done that is really interesting. I guess a lot of you know that the closing price of the day is the weighted average price of the last half hour. Hence there are times especially when market is volatile that the last traded price and actual closing price might have a big gap between them. This gap gives many trading opportunities, but only if you are able to figure out the weighted average price for the last half hour.

So on the markewatch we have a column called the predictive closing, this column starts ticking only from 3pm onwards. But will show you the predictive closing price calculating the weighted average.

Many professional traders/arbitrageurs use this, and especially on the expiry day. Let me give an example,

CMP : 7496 on Nifty at 3.25pm on expiry day.
Predictive closing is say 7504 (market dropped fast in last 25 mins), so the weighted average is above 7500. Assuming 7500 puts is trading at Rs 5, shorting this has really really good chance of being a winning trade.

manishchan

Re: We want Nifty Spot Chart with PI..

Yep, Nifty, Banknifty and CNXIT, historical + Live charts are available.

Here is something else we have done that is really interesting. I guess a lot of you know that the closing price of the day is the weighted average price of the last half hour. Hence there are times especially when market is volatile that the last traded price and actual closing price might have a big gap between them. This gap gives many trading opportunities, but only if you are able to figure out the weighted average price for the last half hour.

So on the markewatch we have a column called the predictive closing, this column starts ticking only from 3pm onwards. But will show you the predictive closing price calculating the weighted average.

Many professional traders/arbitrageurs use this, and especially on the expiry day. Let me give an example,

CMP : 7496 on Nifty at 3.25pm on expiry day.
Predictive closing is say 7504 (market dropped fast in last 25 mins), so the weighted average is above 7500. Assuming 7500 puts is trading at Rs 5, shorting this has really really good chance of being a winning trade.
You guys are just adding up to our excitement.. ;) :clap::clap: