Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

a1b1trader

Sorry, I just do not remember, though mentioned many times earlier

Please let me know
What is the limit allowed for total scrips in ZT market watch.
Is is 30 or 55 ?

Last edited:

nithxp

Suppose i enter intraday in equity n can that be modded to CNC(delivery) i.e before square off time

Already im registered with Zerodha for trading n demat acc :)

So reply Zerodha member

a1b1trader

Suppose i enter intraday in equity n can that be modded to CNC(delivery) i.e before square off time

Already im registered with Zerodha for trading n demat acc :)

So reply Zerodha member
Yes you can modify your trade to CNC before squareoff deadline, provided you have sufficient funds for it in your trading account.

Trader J

Dear Zerodha,

Some brokers providing 3-6 time intraday exposer with Odin for Future and Option, they have auto cut system that mean if your position will negative and you lost your 80% of margin, position will square up.

Would it be a good syystem than cover order ?

Zerodha

Earning 15% per month is very much possible. I have seen some good traders on this forum who also claim to make 15% per month like the moderator Smart_trade.

With cover orders and 20 times leverage, earning 1.5 lakh average pm with maximum leverage can compress the required "working capital" (50K) and make it a fraction of the actual trading capital (10L).

That would make it a reasonable 15% per month return on trading capital.

Many traders however may fail to understand that and may start to act recklessly watching such apparent 200% returns per month.

Both Zerodha and the trader should mention explicitly that this is only a portion of their actual trading capital. What some traders would like to refer to as "working capital".

Without that, the interview itself becomes a mere sensation rather than a guiding voice.

All of the Market Wizard interviews and even the book by Alexander Elder called "Entries and Exits" which is a series of interviews of profitable traders measure returns as a percent of the "trading capital" as opposed to just the "working capital" with the broker.
Arcus,

One of the reasons we have avoided using words like % returns on the blog and clearly mentioned that his capital in trading account is 50k which he trades with at one time..

Zerodha

I double that, Zerodha's backoffice is real pain (no way you can call it user friendly) and on top of it they force users to run it on Internet Explorer calling it advanced in comparison of Firefox, Safari, Chrome. Their customer care says 'Most people uses IE so we offer our backoffice on IE' ... such a joke :)
Sorry if our customer support guys gave this as an excuse. It is not about user friendliness, but compatibility.

The present BO was built for ie only, but that said as you would know our BO vendors were bought by omnesys and omnesys is now bought by reuters. So multibrowser could be anytime now.

Zerodha

Hi, Zerodha,

Your updated web site is looking smart.

Give us a clue about your future trading terminal with 'kick ass technology'. Is it finalized? Or you still want to keep it as a secret?

No one would complain about your high transaction cost anymore, if you could provide us a lightning fast and user friendly terminal like Meta Trader or Ninja Trader.
We are launching a new website all together hopefully by diwali. We are developing a bunch of very interesting free tools for our clients before that.

As far as trading platform goes, we are working on 2 things, 1 a mass product hopefully something to go after clients who are presently not trading the markets and 2 a platform with brilliant charting, trading from charts and backtesting tool. That is all unfortunately I can reveal for now, it might take atleast end of this year on this.

Cheers,

Zerodha

Dear Zerodha,

Some brokers providing 3-6 time intraday exposer with Odin for Future and Option, they have auto cut system that mean if your position will negative and you lost your 80% of margin, position will square up.

Would it be a good syystem than cover order ?
J,

We like to let the client to be in control, by choosing his SL and etc. Cover orders give that facility.

Squaring off from the admin end is something which is always best avoided.