Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

@aman, internet explorer is presently required for backoffice and not for the html5. The html5 should work on chrome. The work around for backoffice is that you can add an ie tab on google chrome and then use the bo on chrome itself.

We have been lucky for the people whom we partnered, our backoffice company got bought over by omnesys and flash news from yesterday is that Reuters has bought Omnesys. The cross browser functionality on the backoffice should be up in the next 1 month.

About the trading platform, we are hoping to surprise everyone with something really smart by the end of this year.

If you are having issues with this email [email protected], will get someone to help you on this immediately
Thanks for prompt reply Zerodha. :) Neither backoffice nor HTML5 app is working on Chrome/Firefox. Although IETab is not supported in Linux yet. But they've mentioned this tool "http://app.cloudinternetexplorer.com/" on their support page which claims that any windows application can be run with this app,but as it is in cloud I better dual boot my system and use Windows on my own system. Will wait for your cross browser application.

Last edited:

trader15

Is there smarter way to find remaining balance using ZTrader. Right now I'm using What If analysis to see what's my money left.

Backoffice isn;t up with real time info, and what if analysis takes loads of time to know in this fast moving market.

Placing an order also shows entire margin and not the remaining money. Fox e.g. if i place an order requiring 22K margin, and i have 21K remaining, and actual money in account is 50K, part of which is already blocked as part of earlier order, the rejection will show 50K figure and not 22K.

And then you go to span margin plugin to check what the heck happened.

Is there an easier way to know remaining money - which is avaliable for trading

trader15

60 Day Challenge-
-- How often has one need to trade in 60 days to qualify for this : Site says active trader

-- Does my money needs to be there or can I withdraw money :- Say I'm making profits and want to move some cash back to my bank account

-- Can I add more cash :- Say I want to top up my account if I find markets moving in my direction

XUV-500

Zerodha/Sachin....

If i trade Eqity may t be intraday/positional , Brokearge will be charged lower of 20 or calcualted brokerage value.

For futures also it is 20 or 0.01%.

This means you care for Small as well as big traders.

Then why discrimination for small Option traders ? Even 1 lot trader and 200 lot trader has same brokerage. Why can't be there scheme for 'Lower of 2' ( the way you do for equity & futures).

For 1 lot trader like me your brokerage comes around 40+4.8 = 45 (approx).
My traditional broker 'happily' charges me 15 per side for 2 trades daily with 1 lot.

Please do something.Afaik, turnover of options is more than futures.So if you implement my suggestion your turnover is bound to increase.

For option traders who trade less than 5 lots ( and more than 1 lot) a time you are not competitive, as they will be tentatively charged 60+7=67. (20 for entry,20 for partial booking and 20 for final exit)

VJAY

Dear Zerodha,
Your stamp charges (0.01%) is for total transaction?please explain for 1 lot crude trade how much stamp charges(give calculation) you charge?....

zerodha
i want to refer my friend for equity and commodity trading , in the refer a client section of the backoffice , shall i enter the

name and phone and e-mail of the friend in the equity and commodity section or any one?

VJAY

Commodity update stopped @10.08...Your tel lines not responding.....:(

Zerodha

Thanks for prompt reply Zerodha. :) Neither backoffice nor HTML5 app is working on Chrome/Firefox. Although IETab is not supported in Linux yet. But they've mentioned this tool "http://app.cloudinternetexplorer.com/" on their support page which claims that any windows application can be run with this app,but as it is in cloud I better dual boot my system and use Windows on my own system. Will wait for your cross browser application.
Aman, it the html5 works on chrome and firefox and tried it on my system today. Guess the issue is running it on linux, have spoken to the tech team about it..

Just checked it works on ubuntu 13.4 also , can you send an email to [email protected]

Last edited:

Zerodha

Is there smarter way to find remaining balance using ZTrader. Right now I'm using What If analysis to see what's my money left.

Backoffice isn;t up with real time info, and what if analysis takes loads of time to know in this fast moving market.

Placing an order also shows entire margin and not the remaining money. Fox e.g. if i place an order requiring 22K margin, and i have 21K remaining, and actual money in account is 50K, part of which is already blocked as part of earlier order, the rejection will show 50K figure and not 22K.

And then you go to span margin plugin to check what the heck happened.

Is there an easier way to know remaining money - which is avaliable for trading
On the trading platform just check for the cash limit: http://www.zerodha.com/z-connect/blog/view/zt-view-cash-limit

Zerodha

60 Day Challenge-
-- How often has one need to trade in 60 days to qualify for this : Site says active trader

-- Does my money needs to be there or can I withdraw money :- Say I'm making profits and want to move some cash back to my bank account

-- Can I add more cash :- Say I want to top up my account if I find markets moving in my direction
NO prerequisite on how many trades, just trade normally.

No restrictions on moving money in or out. It doesn't affect.

we basically net all your trades during the period and see if it is net profitable or not..