Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

VJAY

For kerala it is Rs 100/crore so yes you are correct for 13lks turnover it is around Rs 10..

btw Rs 50 will be 0.5 points of crude and not 2.5 points.. But as I said the benefit karnataka clients get is that whatever the turnover it is max of Rs 50/contract note..

Cheers,
Thanks....i mean by 2.5 is 1 lot crude trade complete charges....anyway its not affect me as for me its only 10 for 10 lac :)

@ Zerodha,

My NEST-Trader is stuck and is not updating price of NG, this problem is frequent and there is NO WAY for me to "Refresh" the quotes like other trading platforms, I have had to restart NEST-Trader whenever this problem occurred.

Your help & suggestion is needed ......... Thanks

shekharz

============ Repeated Post ===============

XUV-500

Guys we work at extremely thin margins and one of the reason we can stay efficient doing this is because we have 1 brokerage, 1 RMS, 1 uniform rule for everyone at Zerodha and we intend to keep it that way.

I know there are brokerages which are mixing up multiple pricing strategies to gain immediate traction, and what I can tell is these things could put pressure on the business as and when the business picks up.

Their is inflation in every business and in ours we have to go phew!! I remember when we started a tender coconut in Bangalore used to cost Rs 8, today it is Rs 20.... ;)..
yes Zerodha, i am aware that u are pioneer of this revolutionary 'Discount Broker' concept .And thanks for that move which was useful for traders.

When Mini NF was active...u were charging 0.01% or 20 whichever low...so for a person trading 1 mini NF was getting charged 10-12 rs per side...If one trade 3 mini, he was getting charged 20 flat.

I am requesting for such thing for 1-2 lot option traders...nothing more.
I don't want to argue with you. Afterall it's your strategic decision and respect it.
But after reading your reply i can't resist from posting mini NF example.

Zerodha

yes Zerodha, i am aware that u are pioneer of this revolutionary 'Discount Broker' concept .And thanks for that move which was useful for traders.

When Mini NF was active...u were charging 0.01% or 20 whichever low...so for a person trading 1 mini NF was getting charged 10-12 rs per side...If one trade 3 mini, he was getting charged 20 flat.

I am requesting for such thing for 1-2 lot option traders...nothing more.
I don't want to argue with you. Afterall it's your strategic decision and respect it.
But after reading your reply i can't resist from posting mini NF example.
That rule is applicable to options also, but in options the turnover is not considered as premium turnover but the contract turnover. Since presently all option contracts are over 2lks, it ends up being minimum Rs 20.

Giraffe

Hi Zerodha
1. Can you tell me that is it possible to add NSE Nifty index in the market watch so that I can send it to excel via RTD link? (in NSE Now / Zerodha Trader)

2. How do I open multiple instances of Snap Quote in the NSE NOW/Z TRader?

3. Also, in cover orders, Can I put a "limit" main order and a "Market" stop loss order.
As per my understanding, it looks that we have to put both orders as market order.
Why is it not allowed to put the primary order as Limit so that the stop loss market order gets activated only when the primary order is partially or fully filled.
This would be greatly helpful and allow putting stop loss order for every trade using a single step.

Thanks

Last edited:

columbus

Here is some important information for NIFTY Option traders in case, somebody has not noticed yet,

NSE has revised the strike interval for NIFTY W.E.F 30th AUG 2013, meaning we can now trade in NIFTY option strikes such as 5550, 5450 etc.

Here's the exchange circular for reference

When the INDEX is range-bound (in small range) or Flat ,the strike value of 50
is OK,but INDEX is plunging like 250 or 100 points ,then it is meaningless.If
STATUSQUO
is continued it is good ,in my personal opinion.