Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

siyalikashyap

Stop overthnkng.U cant control evrythng, Be it
These Zerodha are really the looters yr
recently i checked they had revenue of 6900Cr. out of which their profit part from brokerages and other charges are of Rs 2300Cr.

Can u believe it?

Check this out...
I had a short position in GBPINR. I'd placed a take profit order. Today when I tried to place a stop loss market order, Z said there isn't sufficient margin.

1699006906666.png

But when I tried to square it off in the evening, it readily accepted the order and squared it off. The take profit order was standing.

1699007080483.png

1699007183392.png

travi

Check this out...
I had a short position in GBPINR. I'd placed a take profit order. Today when I tried to place a stop loss market order, Z said there isn't sufficient margin.

View attachment 49861

But when I tried to square it off in the evening, it readily accepted the order and squared it off. The take profit order was standing.

View attachment 49862

View attachment 49863
when you have an open order, say 1X margin is blocked.
then you put a counter order, so No or very minimal margin is required ( say TGT)

but when you place SL, that becomes a fresh order that will require 1X margin which you didn't have.

In evening when you squared-off, margin was released and the take profit order was standing will remain standing but will now block the 1X margin.

That was the beauty of earlier CO/BO but exch deemed them as algo or something (and Z gave reason of hitting both legs in volatile periods) were removed for same reason. there is GTT which doesnt block margin but it can skip or cause delay in execution as the order is in Z server and not in Exchange order book
while i dont remember the exact reason but i did read BO was deemed as algo or maybe because of the trailing SL feature it had on not the 2 exit legs.

when you have an open order, say 1X margin is blocked.
then you put a counter order, so No or very minimal margin is required ( say TGT)

but when you place SL, that becomes a fresh order that will require 1X margin which you didn't have.

In evening when you squared-off, margin was released and the take profit order was standing will remain standing but will now block the 1X margin.

That was the beauty of earlier CO/BO but exch deemed them as algo or something (and Z gave reason of hitting both legs in volatile periods) were removed for same reason. there is GTT which doesnt block margin but it can skip or cause delay in execution as the order is in Z server and not in Exchange order book
while i dont remember the exact reason but i did read BO was deemed as algo or maybe because of the trailing SL feature it had on not the 2 exit legs.
Anyway, raising margin requirement of SL-M orders is not helpful for retail traders, whatever the reasons of exchange and brokers.