Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Raj232

Pls take screenshots of the orderbook, positions etc, zerodha has gone berserk... suddenly sowing open trades with -4700 loss for me.. inspite of all positions being closed at 2:20 PM!!!

Update: Issues seems fixed (checked after logging out and back in @ 3:45 PM), open positions etc and net profit showing correctly.. :DD:DD

Last edited:
Pls take screenshots of the orderbook, positions etc, zerodha has gone berserk... suddenly sowing open trades with -4700 loss for me.. inspite of all positions being closed at 2:20 PM!!!
?????

After closing everything ?? Strange. Please keep us updated. If possible post your screenshots here too.

Raj232

?????
After closing everything ?? Strange. Please keep us updated. If possible post your screenshots here too.
Update: Issues seems fixed (checked after logging out and back in @ 3:45 PM), open positions etc and net profit showing correctly.. :DD:DD

yusi

Since Sep 2017, I have been trying to get older Contract Notes from Zerodha with no success (lost them for some reason). As mentioned in Q backoffice, this required writing an email to them for CNs prior to FY 2017-18. Across multiple phone calls, they keep promising that the new back-office will be up soon. Particularly, since Mar 2018, phone support keeps saying that the new BO will be up in a week or two -- there is no response to emails, and they do not commit in writing. It is end May, and tax time, and I need them.

Even mentioning that I just need CNs, not a BO overhaul, gets no response except "please wait one more week" every time.

Red flags all the way, and I have no Plan B. Any ideas?

Snake.Head

Since Sep 2017, I have been trying to get older Contract Notes from Zerodha with no success (lost them for some reason). As mentioned in Q backoffice, this required writing an email to them for CNs prior to FY 2017-18. Across multiple phone calls, they keep promising that the new back-office will be up soon. Particularly, since Mar 2018, phone support keeps saying that the new BO will be up in a week or two -- there is no response to emails, and they do not commit in writing. It is end May, and tax time, and I need them.

Even mentioning that I just need CNs, not a BO overhaul, gets no response except "please wait one more week" every time.

Always save contract note,you never when you might needed
Two ways
one save daily mail to inbox - Won't require much space just label it and moved
second save to them PC or online storage - this also dos't require much space
1527692627385.png

All those year contract notes hardly 16 mb total size

pannet1

what happened to the contract note they daily sent to your email box

yusi

Always save contract note,you never when you might needed
@Snake.Head and @pannet1 : As mentioned in the post, the old contract notes were "lost for some reason". Lost a good deal more that just contract notes -- besides machines, external hard drives, usbs, a few years of work. Do not use the cloud much (privacy reasons), and gmail/yahoo is not the primary email address. Am also aware of annual CNs.

The stock market history should be relatively easy to reconstruct. For the other two brokers used, most of the required docs were available from their back-offices. What was not available required an email and a few days. This includes DP reports from ILFS / ISSL where the Zerodha demat lies.

Even for Zerodha, there should have been no need to contact them. Earlier, all the required reports were available from the back-offices. My recollection is that they were available this time last year; for some reason CN downloads prior to FY 2017-18 have been removed. Between bo.zerodha and q.zerodha I could get some reports. Very peculiarly, the Financial Ledger for 14-15 and 16-17 was available, but 15-16 came up blank and that was perplexing.

What galls is that they are resorting to "we are working on it", "very soon" and "will be available in a week" everytime I call them.

So coming back to the focus, which is not how CNs are important and how to save them, but ideas on what can be done if they are lost and assuming they are not available from the broker.

[As a side note, earlier LTCG could be assumed if the previous year-end DP showed sufficient holdings to cover sells. With the new computation, historical purchase price records becomes relevant].

@Snake.Head and @pannet1 : As mentioned in the post, the old contract notes were "lost for some reason". Lost a good deal more that just contract notes -- besides machines, external hard drives, usbs, a few years of work. Do not use the cloud much (privacy reasons), and gmail/yahoo is not the primary email address. Am also aware of annual CNs.

The stock market history should be relatively easy to reconstruct. For the other two brokers used, most of the required docs were available from their back-offices. What was not available required an email and a few days. This includes DP reports from ILFS / ISSL where the Zerodha demat lies.

Even for Zerodha, there should have been no need to contact them. Earlier, all the required reports were available from the back-offices. My recollection is that they were available this time last year; for some reason CN downloads prior to FY 2017-18 have been removed. Between bo.zerodha and q.zerodha I could get some reports. Very peculiarly, the Financial Ledger for 14-15 and 16-17 was available, but 15-16 came up blank and that was perplexing.

What galls is that they are resorting to "we are working on it", "very soon" and "will be available in a week" everytime I call them.

So coming back to the focus, which is not how CNs are important and how to save them, but ideas on what can be done if they are lost and assuming they are not available from the broker.

[As a side note, earlier LTCG could be assumed if the previous year-end DP showed sufficient holdings to cover sells. With the new computation, historical purchase price records becomes relevant].
You know, if it is really taking inordinately long time, you can write to NSE or SEBI about it.

Some funny charts from Kite,
Truly 1 min chart

Truly Intraday chart.PNG

Truly Intraday chart

Capture.PNG

Last edited: