Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

ashu1234

There are dozen plus SEBI approved trading software vendors, why most brokers gravitate toward odin or nest is beyond comprehension. Herd mentality or plain stupidity?
About dozens, they might be catering to some particular few or might not be working at all. About ODIn, I can assure its been working without problems through decades, but it comes at a cost that's why all traditional brokers have it and they have no intention to re invent the wheel.
Nest - free things comes with downside, every discount broker have it so no rocket science in that, apart from Nest and Odin we dont have choice.

If you have better option I'll be more then willing to change, but for execution so far I'll go with time and tested one.

Dax Devil

About dozens, they might be catering to some particular few or might not be working at all. About ODIn, I can assure its been working without problems through decades, but it comes at a cost that's why all traditional brokers have it and they have no intention to re invent the wheel.
Nest - free things comes with downside, every discount broker have it so no rocket science in that, apart from Nest and Odin we dont have choice.

If you have better option I'll be more then willing to change, but for execution so far I'll go with time and tested one.
Odin is crap. Now is much better. It is the embedded nest that screws it up. Basically a trader should be free to have any trading software...metastock, motivewave, ninja etc. The broker should only provide bridge that could feed data.

ashu1234

Odin is crap. Now is much better. It is the embedded nest that screws it up. Basically a trader should be free to have any trading software...metastock, motivewave, ninja etc. The broker should only provide bridge that could feed data.
ODIN crap?? really....
I talked only about the execution which means if i want to execute my order at any given point of time i get quotes without freeze.
Big trading houses are using ODIN only because of it, coz its simple business, punch it on right on time. Dont know about which odin you used, may be small broker, but check all traditional broker, they have ODIN running throughout years uninterrupted. please dont compare other exotic features, I just mean quotes and execution.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
zerodha , one very important query :
C & T not possible for NOW users ? is it true ? one of your call & trade representative told me this ?

TraderRavi

low risk profile
C&T possible on NOW, no issues with ti. Not all dealers can place on NOW. But if u call, u will be able to place trades.
what is the meaning of red line ? :confused:
I only use call & trade if NOW not responding and have to square off an open trade.

ashu1234

what is the meaning of red line ? :confused:
I only use call & trade if NOW not responding and have to square off an open trade.
I can imagine very well what that means, Nest ke dealer terminal wala banda call uthayega aur baju wale Now terminal k dealer ko bolega ki bhai sauda daal.:lol: