Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha I have a question please answer it.
If i bought Unitech fut 24sep 2015 using nrml
1 lot is of 11000 shares. and lets say price is 8
So do i need to have 88000 Rs balance in my account?
My 2nd question is that i feel market will be bearish. So i want to sell fut using nrml at Rs 8 (1 lot of unitech). i want to buy after 40 days how will it go?
Many thanks

Zerodha

Zerodha I have a question please answer it.
If i bought Unitech fut 24sep 2015 using nrml
1 lot is of 11000 shares. and lets say price is 8
So do i need to have 88000 Rs balance in my account?
My 2nd question is that i feel market will be bearish. So i want to sell fut using nrml at Rs 8 (1 lot of unitech). i want to buy after 40 days how will it go?
Many thanks
You will not need the entire 88000, you will need a fraction of it, also called initial margin. For unitech it is around Rs 21000. Check this: https://zerodha.com/margin-calculator/Futures/

Yes, so you can sell/short the contract and the day you want to cover this, just buy back with product type as NRML

You will not need the entire 88000, you will need a fraction of it, also called initial margin. For unitech it is around Rs 21000. Check this: https://zerodha.com/margin-calculator/Futures/

Yes, so you can sell/short the contract and the day you want to cover this, just buy back with product type as NRML
Thank you very much.It is a good way to increase margin.
I was having 10k unitech shares in equity at rs 8 as CNC which is costing me like 80k Rs. Now i will sell it all and buy 1 lot of unitech fut (11000 shares) which will only cost 21k ,With this i will be having an extra 59k Rs balance. :clap:
One more thing i want to know is Lets say i sold Fut at 8 Rs on day 1 with a lot of 11k shares . Now i want to cover that (means buy) after 10 days but i dont have sufficient 21k balance at day 10 then what will happen?

columbus

Certainly PI scores over KITE as far as
order placing is concerned.We can't place orders from chart in case of KITE.
Certainly we can use it for square off orders in case PI is down.