Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

What you fetch from the server will always be more accurate. On the server side we capture between 8 to 10 ticks every second to form candles.

Like we have said earlier, candles formed on your screen from live ticks will completely depend on your internet speeds and your system. Charts are based on ticks that are captured on your marketwatch. 2 to 3 ticks per second are usually what a marketwatch can capture if you have dedicated high speed broadband. A dongle on the other hand can capture probably just 1 tick a second.
And this is the same with any charting platform that you'd be using.
Can you specify exactly what you mean by "dedicated high speed broadband" ?? What kind of speeds, what kind of setup ??

What you fetch from the server will always be more accurate. On the server side we capture between 8 to 10 ticks every second to form candles.

Like we have said earlier, candles formed on your screen from live ticks will completely depend on your internet speeds and your system. Charts are based on ticks that are captured on your marketwatch. 2 to 3 ticks per second are usually what a marketwatch can capture if you have dedicated high speed broadband. A dongle on the other hand can capture probably just 1 tick a second.

Probably not the case with other brokers / terminals.

I use Kotak's KeatProX too. What I have observed is, whenever I get disconnected or the data transfer is too slow the moment the connection is resumed there is unusually high rate of tick change after a few moment every thing settles to normal. Surely the terminal is updating the data on its own - tick by tick, that I had always supposed. Although, I don't know what is actually happening as I do not use any of the terminal for charting. :D

It is necessary for the charting terminals that it should catch the extreme prices that is the high and low for the given time frame otherwise what is the use of Charts ?

Bandwidth is not the reason, i have plenty available. With Only Nifty Futures quotes Nest uses less than 1KBps. Perhaps it depends on latency and how Nest sends the ticks. With MTNL, i generally see 1-3 ticks per sec

Dax Devil

Bandwidth is not the reason, i have plenty available. With Only Nifty Futures quotes Nest uses less than 1KBps. Perhaps it depends on latency and how Nest sends the ticks. With MTNL, i generally see 1-3 ticks per sec
It is latency, nothing else. And Nest gets ticks for all the scripts of bse, nse, cds, mcx simultaneously whether a given client likes it or not. For example, I trade only 2 instruments. Don't even look at others. Yet I know my terminal is getting all the ticks of all the instruments, even though I have permanently ticked off BSE BFO, NSE downloading during startup (which incidently made the starting up damn fast).
If somehow there were an option in preferences that would make the terminal more 'intelligent' as to serve only the data for the instruments on the watchlist, I think this data bottlenecking at clientside will vanish. However, it is a big IF - judging by the hotch potch job omnesys guys have consistently been doing in bringing out this and that version of shoddy Nest or Pi in the sky.

Just got a call from my old broker and he wanted me to trade over there and giving offers advisory services..

I told I have shifted somewhere else and he started telling about their low brokerage... In reply I slamed Zerodha's brokerage of Rs.20/- and quickly understood I am with zerodha....

He then started telling Zerodha is scam... They just lure traders with low brokerage and all stuff... Atleast your money is safe with us, etc etc... You can see the news and papers about their scam...

Can anyone tell is this true... I personally did not find any such thing so far about zerodha...

Trader J

NJ23

It is latency, nothing else. And Nest gets ticks for all the scripts of bse, nse, cds, mcx simultaneously whether a given client likes it or not. For example, I trade only 2 instruments. Don't even look at others. Yet I know my terminal is getting all the ticks of all the instruments, even though I have permanently ticked off BSE BFO, NSE downloading during startup (which incidently made the starting up damn fast).
If somehow there were an option in preferences that would make the terminal more 'intelligent' as to serve only the data for the instruments on the watchlist, I think this data bottlenecking at clientside will vanish. However, it is a big IF - judging by the hotch potch job omnesys guys have consistently been doing in bringing out this and that version of shoddy Nest or Pi in the sky.
i doubt that, there are many many scrips. Nest wont get real time tick data for each, that would show - it uses < 1 KBps for only Nifty Future. I got problems on adding too many in active market watch, so i removed everything and only use Nifty Future.

It will probably get ticks for all current marketwatch, RTD ( excel), selected indices and probably Holdings if open.