• Geojit Sec

Votes: 45 7.6%
  • Smartjones (Refco Sec.)

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Other local broker

Votes: 82 13.9%

• Total voters
girishAtTraderji said:
ICICIDirect.com has excellent features & convenience, but it sucks in order execution speed especially during market opening & closing time.
Yes, and sometimes it is very slow also.
thanx and rgds

hello,

I have online trading a/c.s with
ICICIdirect.com
KotakSecurities.com
HDFCsecurities.com
IndiaBulls.com
Sharekhan.com

Each one has its own peculiarities: Plus Points and Irritants.

Indiabulls do not care to reply to your queries, complaints and client instructions. But they are fast in implementation of orders and realtime quotes.
Good rate of brokerage is their plus points, over and above Relationship Manager responsiveness. Receiving funds from them is the worst part of their customer service.

KotakSecurities are generally good, but they do not allow more than 25 scrips at a time. You have to shut down one screen to open the other. The computer programme is a bit more cumbersome than others. Brokerage rate is higher than all the other brokers mentioned above. No special benefit in having online trading a/c. with them. However, their highest plus point is daily Trading Calls. Their batting average is higher.

HDFCsecurities are good as we have banking a/c. with them and the payment gateway enables immediate transfer of funds either way. Order placement for buy or sell is time consuming as it takes longer time compared to other online trading brokers. Excellent security feature of a bank is the greatest safety for dealing with them. DP charges are higher. It looks into the bank a/c. balance before placing purchase orders. That way it saves on interest on funds not used till order is executed.

ICICIdirect is par excellence compared to others except that they do not provide Online Realtime TICKER Trading. If this feature is enabled, then no body could beat it. All facilities of trading in equities, MFs and now Post Office Savings are a dream of investor of any category. However, the order execution is a weak link in their system. Perhaps huge number of customers accessing their servers might be slowing down the operations. May be they can think of having Mirror Sites or similar to reduce the burden on limited access. It needs funds earmarked for trading from the savings/current a/c. held with the bank.

Sharekhan is an Intuitive Trading place to deal in shares: both cash and derivatives. You can go on adding scrips and customise your trading. Simultaneous available Price Ticker, 8 Indicators' Chart and Depth boxes are a traders' delight. All demat data and buying selling obligations etc. are available on the report screen.

I also note with regret that except HDFCsecurities, every brokers needs funds in their trading a/c. which leads to loss of interest on unused funds. At times this amount may continue for many days, either due to buy sell operations or not having transactions. I feel that they should give interest on the funds deposited with them.

All the above is based on my personal experience in dealing with all these online brokers. Others' experience may be different. It is a matter of subjective assessment.

Please note, I am using computers since 1984 and anything that is clumsy is not acceptable to me. After all, the computers are meant for reducing our hand work and record maintenance.

Best Wishes.

Sharad C. Kapadia

Hi,
kotaksecurities.com(earlier kotakstreet.com) is a good site.It has drastically improved from being one of the very common sites to one that has a new look and feel to it.believe me it has good additions on it now.their portfolio tracker is good .The best thing is that i find their research most interesting.the calls are good.pls tell me if there is any other broker who offers good research.would love to try it out.
Regards
Narain

Hi bizcon,

Thank you for your review.
In day trading, through ICICIDIRECT, I have been making losses mainly due to high brokerage charges and absence of streaming realtime data/intraday charts. Considering lower brokerage charges and availability of streaming realtime data/intraday charts in Indiabulls, I am thinking of shifting to them, inspite of drawbacks mentioned by you. I hope to earn at least some profits instead of incurring losses.
Regards

Very good explanation and useful to us.
Thanks.

bizcon said:
hello,

I have online trading a/c.s with
ICICIdirect.com
KotakSecurities.com
HDFCsecurities.com
IndiaBulls.com
Sharekhan.com

Each one has its own peculiarities: Plus Points and Irritants.

Thanx bizcon,

you gave a very good comparison between different brokers. But If I ask which one is the best on the basis of all these:
real times tickers
funds transfer
chart analysis
then who would u prefer?
One of my CA friend was advocating Motilal Oswal about their excellent analysis. How about that?

Mukul

anurakt said:
Hey people,
I am a new entrant :) in this world of traderjites, and i think among all the online brokers mentioned above, Motilal oswal online terminal stands out as the best and the most convenient to use, it gives Both BSE and NSE on the single platform and is very user friendly. :)
And it has strong research with reasonable brokerage it is an excellent system to use

Bye
Could u pls tell me wat r the brokerage rates of MOSt? thanx