Votes: 26 4.4%
  • Geojit Sec

Votes: 45 7.6%
  • Smartjones (Refco Sec.)

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Other local broker

Votes: 82 13.9%

• Total voters
Why Reliance Money is not even in the list?

Surprising that Reliance money is not on the list.
And there should have been a provision for choosing more than one answer.

Flock

@arm which platform did you select and why ? Enlighten us .:)
Well, after the trouble I had with these ICICI Direct guys, I moved to RK Global. Brokerage is low and platform (ODIN) is good at least for my requirements.

I only trade on the Nifty and dont use technical charts. So its ok. Not that RKG or ODIN is without issues, but situation so far has been far better than ICICI (for me at least).

Time will tell..... :)

guys i m using sharkhan for trading
i want to know after short selling a share how to short cover
there is no short cover option in sharekhan.
how can i square off the trade.
:)

I am using Religare for my online trading. The a/c opening charge was Rs.500 and an one time payment of Rs.1800 for the Odin software which is adjustable against the brokerage. The Odin client is quite good.
For deliver they charge .5% and for intra day .05%.

A few problems of the odin software :

The link to view the funds does not work

Other problem:

I dont know whether this is common to all. But I really get annoyed with this.
There is problem in CRN login which enables to view the funds in our a/c, the stocks that we hold and all back office things. I am struggling to get this sorted out.

what would be a good choice for non-broker... Like buying Mutual funds, occasionally buying shares ,bonds etc

would u guys recommend ICICI direct or is there any other choice

please let me know

Last edited:
what would be a good choice for non-broker... Like buying Mutual funds, occasionally buying shares ,bonds etc

would u guys recommend ICICI direct or is there any other choice

please let me know
yes for buying stocks and mutual funds and hoding it for long time it should be ok. You can apply from IPOs also from there .

Hi mates I am using ODIN and I am very new also in online trading. If anybody can help me to give the commands key for ODIN software (some only I know) to use properly for online trading.

columbus

guys i m using sharkhan for trading
i want to know after short selling a share how to short cover
there is no short cover option in sharekhan.
how can i square off the trade.
:)

After SHORTING the share ,click on TRADING.In the drop down menu you click either EQUITY NET POSITION (for shares)or DERIVATIVE NET POSITION (for derivatives).Afterwards RIGHT click on the quantity.Then choose SQR-OFF ,automatically your square-off form on the MAIN window is filled ,you can send it as it is ,or just fill it up as normal buy/sell order.

Last edited: