Would you pay for stock tips at Traderji.com

Would you pay to read Traderji's technical stock picks?

• Yes

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 40 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sh50

I think this is very much a grey issue since no two profiles are likely to be the same and therefore follow horses for courses philosophy. People who want tips can pay for them, people who want education may pay for them, some may want both - let them pay for that; if they want to pay for neither , let them still allow access to accessable areas and the pay areas remain "gupt gyaan"

In Vipasana meditation, somebody said that there are four kinds of people in this world- some move from darkness to light, others light to darkness, still others from darkness to darkness(beginners in technicals) and some from light to light and this situation changes all the time. This is very much a stock market like scenario-we gotta optimisize according to profile and inclination.

What Mr nkpanjiyar has stated about citywise meetings has already been discussed and implemented by the Bangaloreans. I think if it were to be traderji's official policy, it would get better support;one can learn much more from gettgoethers- the forum should be a step in that direction.

B

bhavana

Dear Traderji,

I want to donate some amount.PayPal systems finds difficult.
Are there any online account where I can tranfer fund more easily.

Neal said:
Dear fellow members,

Traderji's posts are very enlightning and I always look forward to them. Although I understand Traderji's time constraints and you running this forum for FREE (very noble indeed), I have a suggesstion to make. I do not know how you all would react to this suggestion but I feel one should have an open discussion and then come to a conclusion based on the cumulative decision of all members.

I would suggest you to create a new forum where Traderji can post views/comments on technical analysis and stock picks and then allow access only to those members who may be willing to pay of this service.

Traderji could charge a nominal fee of Rs. 500.00-1000.00 a month and those who may be interested could then join up.

I would request the other members of this forum to comment on this!

(Traderji, please post this as a sticky)

Hi,

I guess there are enough such paid services all over the net. Forums like this are mainly for sharing and thus bettering the understanding of the main subject, which the forum belongs to......esp for new comers. Please keep fees, charges etc out of forums.

This is a humble request.

Shri.

C

CreditViolet

shrees said:
Hi,

I guess there are enough such paid services all over the net. Forums like this are mainly for sharing and thus bettering the understanding of the main subject, which the forum belongs to......esp for new comers. Please keep fees, charges etc out of forums.

This is a humble request.

Shri.
Exactly Shrees.Wont be good for the health of the forum

CV

:cool:

One can always have a small seperate section at the bottom of this forum for such a section.

Anyways Traderji I notice that you have a donation box at the bottom of every page and you must be collection enough $$ through donations to run this forum!

Not to be inquisitive in your matters but I knew someone who ran a forum and their monthly server hosting cost used to be Rs. 10,000.00/month. I hope you are collecting enough to cover your hosting cost if not anything else!

Traderji,

You should keep the forum free and open. As "TradingSystems" said in the previous post you can keep a small forum at the bottom as paid for members who wish to pay for services.

Traderji are you collecting enough from donations to cover cost of running this board?

Traderji

Super Moderator
TradingSystems said:
Not to be inquisitive in your matters but I knew someone who ran a forum and their monthly server hosting cost used to be Rs. 10,000.00/month. I hope you are collecting enough to cover your hosting cost if not anything else!

arun said:
Traderji,
Traderji are you collecting enough from donations to cover cost of running this board?
To answer both your questions Traderji.com has not received a single rupee as donations/contributions from any member of this forum.

The costs of running this forum are from our own funding.

I will look into this poll when it closes on the 14th of April 2005. I personally would prefer to keep this forum free and open.

I notice that so far only 49 members have cast their vote. What about the rest of the members? Go ahead and make your vote count.

Traderji said:
To answer both your questions Traderji.com has not received a single rupee as donations/contributions from any member of this forum.
Having many hours going through your comments in this forum I find that you have done an excellent job in making general trading comments, stock trading strategies and stock calls.

I am surprised that not a single member has made any contribution/donation here :confused: . However I am going to make my contribution of Rs. 500.00 right away.

Keep the forum going Traderji!

Traderji

Super Moderator
TradingSystems said:
Having many hours going through your comments in this forum I find that you have done an excellent job in making general trading comments, stock trading strategies and stock calls.

I am surprised that not a single member has made any contribution/donation here :confused: . However I am going to make my contribution of Rs. 500.00 right away.

Keep the forum going Traderji!
Thank you TradingSystems, received your contribution.

sh50

I dont know what the economics of running a forum are but in the long run, everything has to be self sustaining. As more members join, the subscription per participant would reduce and I dont think anyone would object to a reasonable subscription.

The eminent jurist, Nani Palkhivala used to charge a very small amount (less than a rupee) or something for some of his wonderful writeups to get across the message that a thing of value must be revered. It cannot be free for life from a practical perspective>

There are indirect benefits as well- among new members, it may enable us to separate the wheat from the chaff- serious members will not mind paying a subscription. According to Parkinsons law work expands to fill up the time available for it. Someone refined it- expenses expand to fill up the incomes available etc- in traderjis context participation expands to fill up the revenue paid even if it is a nominal amount.

More than the tips, one should also thank traderji for the time he must be taking out for the forum, the transparent and democratic way in which he has run the forum and for explaining basics very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.