Wolfe Waves

bapu4

Dear TP,
I have observed several times that on 5 mins many times 4th or 5th point forms but there after Nifty does not move as per wolfe wave as it should, inspite of satisfying the criterionof wolfe wave,can you throw some light on this aspect? Because it unnecessarily wastes the time and incurs the loss ,how to avoid it?
god bless

Dear TP,
I have observed several times that on 5 mins many times 4th or 5th point forms but there after Nifty does not move as per wolfe wave as it should, inspite of satisfying the criterionof wolfe wave,can you throw some light on this aspect? Because it unnecessarily wastes the time and incurs the loss ,how to avoid it?
god bless
5 min is too small a TF and subject to higher volatility (because of news and events) than EOD. Anyway, the pattern follows price and not vice versa. Pattern failures are common in smaller time frames. I guess that's why one should keep stricter stoploss in intraday.

Raghuveer

Guys,

Anybody aware as how to find out exact values of particular trend lines which are drawn in Amibroker.I have been struggling on locating Y axis value for any trendlines drawn in Ami. Is there any way of getting exact value or increasing the value of Y-axis in Ami?

Shrinking, expanding and moving Y-axis scale

To move Y-axis scale hover the mouse to Y-axis area (marked with blue color in the picture above) and you will see that cursor changes to up/down arrow. Now you click and drag up/down Y axis and release button when the axis is in the correct position.

To shrink/expand Y-axis scale: press down SHIFT key and click in the Y-axis area, now shrink/expand Y axis scale by moving your mouse up and down. Release the button to finish.

To reset Y-axis scale and position simply double click in the Y-axis area.

XRAY27

raghuveer ji,
your notes to self is great and useful for all traders can you tell me what is TE in the
following line
"Do not let previous losses affect current Entry/SL/TE"

a1b1trader

is there any ww form in attached pic?
check the attachment.forming WW from 10 am for the bulish wave to 6268?
To start with,
What do you think that all bullish waves are formed because of + ww. It is not so.

Yes there is a +ww in the chart but the target is around 6255, however, the target can overshoot, so is the case here.

Dont know why there are so many gaps in the chart.

Bearish wofe wave has formed, It should reach its target as correction is now due.........
Yes manoj. But there were bearish wolfe waves earlier too, either negated or maybe still in sweet zone. Bapu4 was the first to point it out here in this thread. Let's see how much correction does take place.