Windows 7 & ODin problem.

I wrote to FT (the guys who developed odin) and they say contact the HO, guess, they mean the broker and not willing to discuss or help. The brokers have no clue and say we have to wait till they get any info from their IT department and they (IT dept of brokers) will in turn are waiting from FT..
vicious circle. hah.

findvikas

I have got some update that the issue may very well be a bug in Windows, but there is no way we can prove or disprove this here. We really can’t debug another companies software, they (FT) need to do this and if they find the same issue is presented they can report this issue to MS.

At this point of time we only know that there is an issue only when we have that driver installed and only ODIN is facing issue with that driver, Microsoft would need developers of the ODIN to be working with MS and tell them why they think its issue with OS and not with their software or modem driver issue.

nareshch

I have got some update that the issue may very well be a bug in Windows, but there is no way we can prove or disprove this here. We really cant debug another companies software, they (FT) need to do this and if they find the same issue is presented they can report this issue to MS.

At this point of time we only know that there is an issue only when we have that driver installed and only ODIN is facing issue with that driver, Microsoft would need developers of the ODIN to be working with MS and tell them why they think its issue with OS and not with their software or modem driver issue.
Vikas,

I do not install any drivers for my broadband modem and windows just dial a PPPoE connection . It doesnt detect / install drivers for this modems . So ,you can easily kickoff the driver part :)

Naresh

nareshch

send me the output of that command.. lets see it.
Here it is

----------------------------------------------

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Naresh-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

PPP adapter DataOne:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : DataOne
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 59.96.102.245(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 218.248.240.180
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet
Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-21-9B-E8-AF-8A
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.216.166(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

-------------------------------------------------------------

Naresh

findvikas

You got IP address assigned to your NIC card (169.254.216.166).
Do this,
-> Control Panel
-> View network status and tasks (under Network and Internet)
-> Change adapter settings (from left hand menu)
-> Right click all adapters listed there (except the one used for
Internet... DataOne) and click Disable.

Once all are disabled, try and connect to ODIN again.

nareshch

You got IP address assigned to your NIC card (169.254.216.166).
Do this,
-> Control Panel
-> View network status and tasks (under Network and Internet)
-> Change adapter settings (from left hand menu)
-> Right click all adapters listed there (except the one used for
Internet... DataOne) and click Disable.

Once all are disabled, try and connect to ODIN again.
Thats the only one adapter enabled . Data one ( broadband) connects through this interface only .

Naresh

guys let me know if i got it right,

case 1- When my router sets up the connection(pppoe) with the isp and the system is connected to the router(via lan & wifi), hence the default gateway of the system would be the routers address and i am accessing the net through the router.

case 2- The router acts as a bridge and the system sets up the connection(pppoe) with the isp and hence applying windows 7 settings for all outgoing broadband connection.

so my questions are,

ODIN works only in case 1 and not in case 2?

if ODIN works only in case 1, then setting up connections to the net as specified in case 1 is a cakewalk.

please correct me if i am wrong.

Nik.

Doesn't matter. The setup was same when using windows vista/Xp. Odin worked fine. Now another computer added (win7) but odin doesn't work.

If it was os compatibility then the software shouldn't get installed.

In my opinion, it is the way win7 treats the outgoing connection, which is different from vista/xp..
What is that.. then the issues are resolved.

guys let me know if i got it right,

case 1- When my router sets up the connection(pppoe) with the isp and the system is connected to the router(via lan & wifi), hence the default gateway of the system would be the routers address and i am accessing the net through the router.

case 2- The router acts as a bridge and the system sets up the connection(pppoe) with the isp and hence applying windows 7 settings for all outgoing broadband connection.

so my questions are,

ODIN works only in case 1 and not in case 2?

if ODIN works only in case 1, then setting up connections to the net as specified in case 1 is a cakewalk.

please correct me if i am wrong.

Nik.