Windows 7 & ODin problem.

nareshch

guys let me know if i got it right,

case 1- When my router sets up the connection(pppoe) with the isp and the system is connected to the router(via lan & wifi), hence the default gateway of the system would be the routers address and i am accessing the net through the router.

case 2- The router acts as a bridge and the system sets up the connection(pppoe) with the isp and hence applying windows 7 settings for all outgoing broadband connection.

so my questions are,

ODIN works only in case 1 and not in case 2?

if ODIN works only in case 1, then setting up connections to the net as specified in case 1 is a cakewalk.

please correct me if i am wrong.

Nik.
setting up a connection as case 1 is cakewalk if we have supporting hardware . Ie Router capable of dialing out PPPoE . I dont want to buy additional hardware solely for this purpose :)

Naresh

to my knowledge all routers provided by bsnl have this feature, i can only speak for bsnl in this case. bsnl can upgrade your modem to the latest one free of charge.
for the other providers you could always request your isp to upgrade the router. Just threaten your isp that you will change the service and they shall bow down. Give it a try it might work.

nareshch

to my knowledge all routers provided by bsnl have this feature, i can only speak for bsnl in this case. bsnl can upgrade your modem to the latest one free of charge.
for the other providers you could always request your isp to upgrade the router. Just threaten your isp that you will change the service and they shall bow down. Give it a try it might work.
Coincidance . i just tried configuring my BSNL broadband modem and we have case 1 here now . let me test ODIN and update you

Naresh

nareshch

I am able to configure my BSNL modem so that Windows7 doesnt dial out PPPoE connection.

ODIN is working fine . i just logged in .have to test fully on monday

For the people who have BSNL braodband connection ,Follow the steps to configure your modem .

=========================================================

TYPE-I Modem Configuration - Huawei SmartAX MT880 Modem / SmartAx MT882 ADSL Modem Configuration

SmartAx MT880 ADSL Modem has One ethernet Port.
SmartAx MT882 ADSL Modem has One ethernet Port and one USB Port.

Set your computer IP address as 192.168.1.2
( If you are using USB port, install USB driver first)

Open Internet Explorer in the Address bar type the URL http://192.168.1.1

You will be propted for Username and Password.

Username: admin

Password: admin

Click on Home

Click on WAN setting

Your WAN Setting should be as follows:

PVC No.: PVC0

Wan type: PPP

Connection Type : PPPoE

VPI / VCI : 0/35

Default Route : Enabled

Username: yourusername@dataone

Password: yourpassword

Use DNS : Enabled

Click on Apply.

You will be asked to save and reboot.

Select Yes

Once your modem is rebooted , the summary page will be displayed .

The "Green" status of PVC0 status indicated that you are now connected. (in Summary page)

SmartAx MT882 ADSL Modem ADSL LED will turn 'Orange' from 'green' when succesfully connected.

Goto DHCP and click enable .

Click on Apply.

Select Yes

Now you can remove the static ip configured on your network adpater and change it to "obtain ip address automatically "

After the modem reboot , you should get internet access and then try ODIN .
========================================================-
Happy trading

Naresh

to be absolutely sure about the routers address its better if you first check the default gateway via ipconfig in command prompt.
Naresh if you could add how to look up the gateway address in your guide then the setup would be hassle free.

Nik.

and naresh i think its safe to say that any ADSL/DSL modem has a inbuilt pppoe auto connector in it. so setting up the modems of all pppoe based connections would be the same.
If members who are on ISP's other than bsnl can check with these settings and post their results, then we can have a generic configuration of all much modems.

Nik.

findvikas

Just FYI...
this has been accepted as possible bug in Win7 RTM and might be fixed in SP1 or if there will be any hotfix before SP1 then I will let you all guys know about it.

This does NOT means it is a bug, but the devs are looking at it and debugging it.

Naresh,
Great work -congrats.
I am using Airtel broadband..Beetel ADSL2+ (440TXI)
No usb port WAN and RJ45. My pc is connected on cable (RJ45 i guess).
The settings seems same like what you have mentioned.
Any suggestions??

I am able to configure my BSNL modem so that Windows7 doesnt dial out PPPoE connection.

ODIN is working fine . i just logged in .have to test fully on monday

For the people who have BSNL braodband connection ,Follow the steps to configure your modem .

=========================================================

TYPE-I Modem Configuration - Huawei SmartAX MT880 Modem / SmartAx MT882 ADSL Modem Configuration

SmartAx MT880 ADSL Modem has One ethernet Port.
SmartAx MT882 ADSL Modem has One ethernet Port and one USB Port.

Set your computer IP address as 192.168.1.2
( If you are using USB port, install USB driver first)

Open Internet Explorer in the Address bar type the URL http://192.168.1.1

You will be propted for Username and Password.

Username: admin

Password: admin

Click on Home

Click on WAN setting

Your WAN Setting should be as follows:

PVC No.: PVC0

Wan type: PPP

Connection Type : PPPoE

VPI / VCI : 0/35

Default Route : Enabled

Username: yourusername@dataone

Password: yourpassword

Use DNS : Enabled

Click on Apply.

Select Yes

Once your modem is rebooted , the summary page will be displayed .

The "Green" status of PVC0 status indicated that you are now connected. (in Summary page)

SmartAx MT882 ADSL Modem ADSL LED will turn 'Orange' from 'green' when succesfully connected.

Goto DHCP and click enable .

Click on Apply.

Select Yes

Now you can remove the static ip configured on your network adpater and change it to "obtain ip address automatically "

After the modem reboot , you should get internet access and then try ODIN .
========================================================-
Happy trading

Naresh