What should be deemed as a fair profit percentage per day/per trade for an intraday

What should be deemed as a fair profit percentage perday/pertrade for IntradayTrad

• Total voters

id4trade

What should be deemed as a fair profit percentage per day / per trade for an intraday trader.

I will honestly tell you my case, If i stop trading after my first half percentage win, then I might be a winner everyday.

But then I am still in learning mode and trying to increase my per day profit percentage, so I test a lot of different setups and then that half percent win go to loss.

Also I am curious on what should be an average fair profit book percentage per day /per trade?
Like currently I only try to get into trades where I can book minimum 2% profit. Here again if, and when I only go for simple vanilla .5-.7% profit opportunities I am a winner more times then these bigger catch and try moves.
But in this scenario, I have to increase my number of trade to increase my per day profit, more number of trades means more risk (I presume).

Since I am in learning mode hence try all combinations, but later in life will eventually settle for a certain percentage of profit book and look/hunt for only those.

Hence asking what you seniors feel is the average percentage profit book opportunities available in market generally and should be called realistic and achievable per day / per trade.

Last edited:

tradedatrend

Re: What should be deemed as a fair profit percentage per day/per trade for an intrad

desire of profit per day / per trade is a fatal attraction, it encourages you to trade more and more leading to often slowly but constantly erosion of capital in the form of taxes unless your every trade is profit making which is a hard nut to crack

using basic compounding if anybody can earn just 6% per month for 20 year constantly, then rs. 10 lakhs can be made into more than rs. 1 lakh crore

anybody who achieves even 1% of this can be called almost god in trading

hence IMHO profit should be calculated on monthly / yearly basis on a given capital, not per trade or per day

wild

Re: What should be deemed as a fair profit percentage per day/per trade for an intrad

If you are winning with 0.5% per day consistently, then that's remarkable profit. Some even can't earn like that.