Web Charting

swingtrader said:
Thanks, any questions are welcome. I have completely written the programs to generate charts, no third party software or components were used.

>> I just want to know who you are generating charts

Can you clarify this? Do you mean for whom am I generating the charts?

SwingTrader
Swing Trader,

first let me appreciate for the openness you have shown in replying to my questions.

Sorry to offend you, "It was How, not Who", see a small character changes the whole meaning.

actually if you read some past posts, myself, Joy_Mithali and others were contemplating to develop a Stock Charting Software.

A part of it is the DataExtractor Utility I have developed, now i am in the process of developing Stock Management Software.

I thought, If you can join the Team, we can comeup with an Integrated Stock Charting + Stock Management Software.

Thats the reason,it prompted me to write to you.

Satya

mkshekar said:
Hi swingtrader. will this help ? i just got these links from yahoo groups.

Now Bse provides bhavcopy in csv format
> http://www.bseindia.com/mktlive/bhavcopyhelp.asp
> http://www.bseindia..com/mktlive/bhavcopy.asp
> todays bhavcopy can be downloaded from here.
> http://www.bseindia.com/bhavcopy/bhavcopy.zip
> And the good thing is it is in csv format directly useable no need
to
> convert . So i would say ur endeavour has given fruits.
Thanks, this helps a lot. I will try and add BSE charts in the near future.

SwingTrader

srisara said:
Swing Trader,

first let me appreciate for the openness you have shown in replying to my questions.

Sorry to offend you, "It was How, not Who", see a small character changes the whole meaning.

actually if you read some past posts, myself, Joy_Mithali and others were contemplating to develop a Stock Charting Software.

A part of it is the DataExtractor Utility I have developed, now i am in the process of developing Stock Management Software.

I thought, If you can join the Team, we can comeup with an Integrated Stock Charting + Stock Management Software.

Thats the reason,it prompted me to write to you.

Satya
Satya,

No problem, that was a smiple typo. It did not offend me in anyway. I specialize in programming/developing web based software. It looks like you are planning to develop standalone software. If you need any input from me I will be more than happy to help but it would be difficult for me to be actively involved because I am tied up most of the time with my official work, the website I am developing & swing trading.

Also, I am not too familiar with developing standalone software. I have not done it since almost 8 yrs now. What are you planning to use? .Net / Java or something else? If you are actively discussing this somewhere in a thread let me know and I can give my ideas & help out.

SwingTrader

srisara said:
Swing,

Sorry for the late reply. Its nice to know that you can share your knowledge with us. I just want to know, what technology you are using to generate charts?
I know its not that easy to generate charts, but just let me know it.

Satya
I have used PHP to generate charts. The data is stored in a Postgresql database. Yes, the process of generation of charts is not that straightforward. I have developed this incrementally over time (the last 1-2 yrs). It is still in the process of development.

BTW Java & .Net have much better graphics APIs. The graphics library used in PHP is limited in certain ways.

SwingTrader

Dear Swingtrader,
Discovered the site only today...wonderful work!
I am unable to display log charts...has this feature been implemented...
Thanks once again for the great work.
mvc

principe said:
Dear Swingtrader,
Discovered the site only today...wonderful work!
I am unable to display log charts...has this feature been implemented...
Thanks once again for the great work.
mvc
Thanks. Yes, log charts should work fine. Can you let me know what were the parameters you used (various indicators etc)? Maybe it is failing for a particular combination of indicators (and other settings).

I will take a look in detail in the meantime.

SwingTrader