Web Charting

akashbothra said:
Hi,You have done a great job.Its very helpful.Can you tell me what is the meaning of "close,20" in the moving avarages?
Thanks. "Close,20" means the moving average is to be computed using the closing prices and the period of the moving average is 20. Similarly you could use "Open,20", "High,20","Low,10" which will use Open, High & Low prices respectively to compute the moving averages.

SwingTrader

I currently don't have access to BSE data. Whatever old BSE charts are currently displayed are due to old data that I had put in the database manually. If I find a BSE data feed (something that I can directly access on the web like NSE's bhavcopy) then I will be able to provide BSE charts. BSE's website doesn't provide anything like the NSE bhavcopy. Technically, the data should directly be accessible using a URL like NSE's daily bhavcopy. If anyone is aware of such a feed for BSE please let me know and I can then provide BSE charts too.

SwingTrader

swingtrader said:
I currently don't have access to BSE data. Whatever old BSE charts are currently displayed are due to old data that I had put in the database manually. If I find a BSE data feed (something that I can directly access on the web like NSE's bhavcopy) then I will be able to provide BSE charts. BSE's website doesn't provide anything like the NSE bhavcopy. Technically, the data should directly be accessible using a URL like NSE's daily bhavcopy. If anyone is aware of such a feed for BSE please let me know and I can then provide BSE charts too.

SwingTrader
check this link if it can help

http://www.traderji.com/fundamental...se-historical-data-nse-historical-needed.html

Last edited:

pkjha30

Hi swingtrader

I went through all the posts in your thread. Also seen your webcharts.
--Excellent work
-- choice of PHP is very good
--chart loading time is very fast
--default options of s&P cnx nifty is thoughtful
--interface is uncluttered.
--symbol lookup is excellent
--color theme option is nice

few suggestions:-
--user interface is on the right track though it needs improvement
--indicator options can be provided onthe top of the chart rather than at the bottom.
-- if above is implemented single refresh button is enough.
-- three different chart sizes may be optimzed for better visual representation and as per screen resolutions.
--maybe chart can be dispalyed as a percentage of screen width rather than in absolute sizes.
-- you can also get some clues about user interface from www.charting.bseindia.com/charting

-- zoom in/out feature maybe useful though may not be possible as display is an image.
--most of the data processing is on the server side so you need lot of capabilities on server sideincase your site experiences large volume traffic which it certainly would. so you may think using some capabilities on the client side also.

regards
pankaj
--

Swing Trader,

your site looks great.

I have a question for you. Hope you take it in right spirit.

Did you use any 3 party tool to generate charts are your have your own logic to generate the chart.

I just want to know who you are generating charts, as in the forum we had a thought to develop a charts software. May be this will a right step in the direction.

Regards
Satya

pkjha30 said:
Hi swingtrader

I went through all the posts in your thread. Also seen your webcharts.
--Excellent work
-- choice of PHP is very good
--chart loading time is very fast
--default options of s&P cnx nifty is thoughtful
--interface is uncluttered.
--symbol lookup is excellent
--color theme option is nice

few suggestions:-
--user interface is on the right track though it needs improvement
--indicator options can be provided onthe top of the chart rather than at the bottom.
-- if above is implemented single refresh button is enough.
-- three different chart sizes may be optimzed for better visual representation and as per screen resolutions.
--maybe chart can be dispalyed as a percentage of screen width rather than in absolute sizes.
-- you can also get some clues about user interface from www.charting.bseindia.com/charting

-- zoom in/out feature maybe useful though may not be possible as display is an image.
--most of the data processing is on the server side so you need lot of capabilities on server sideincase your site experiences large volume traffic which it certainly would. so you may think using some capabilities on the client side also.

regards
pankaj
--
Thanks for the suggestions. I will think about these. Few of these are already on my todo list. I have selected a good hosting setup, if the demand increases further I will go for dedicated machines. Not sure how I can use client side resources but I will think about it.

SwingTrader

srisara said:
Swing Trader,

your site looks great.

I have a question for you. Hope you take it in right spirit.

Did you use any 3 party tool to generate charts are your have your own logic to generate the chart.

I just want to know who you are generating charts, as in the forum we had a thought to develop a charts software. May be this will a right step in the direction.

Regards
Satya
Thanks, any questions are welcome. I have completely written the programs to generate charts, no third party software or components were used.

>> I just want to know who you are generating charts

Can you clarify this? Do you mean for whom am I generating the charts?

SwingTrader