UNBIASED OPINION ! 15000 or 21000 ?

UNBIASED OPINION ! 15000 OR 21000 ?

Votes: 41 50.6%

Votes: 40 49.4%

• Total voters
Some of these FIIs lost money in Sub prime write downs and needed cash to cover calls in the market so there was sell off in India & China .In India, market would have gone down below 15,000 levels but for DIIs. In every uptrend I expect further sell off from the FIIs because they need cash since their multi-billion write downs are still not over.

As per the reports FII investment on Reliance Power IPO was about $100 billion. So expect some sell off after the listing. Going forward Indian stock market has to live on the strength of DIIs and retail investors. So I dont think we will reach 25,000 levels this year.

chintan786

Some of these FII’s lost money in Sub prime write downs and needed cash to cover calls in the market so there was sell off in India & China .In India, market would have gone down below 15,000 levels but for DII’s. In every uptrend I expect further sell off from the FII’s because they need cash since their multi-billion write downs are still not over.
dear takestock... in 2007 FIIs net purchased close to 20,000 crore... and already they sold almost equilent of this.. So from where further selling can cme..... now they are buying 2 stcks and selling 3 ... sooner or later this also reversed..Just check out fund actions on Jan22,08 on Moneycontrol.

chintan786

As per the reports FII investment on Reliance Power IPO was about $100 billion. So expect some sell off after the listing. Going forward Indian stock market has to live on the strength of DIIs and retail investors. So I dont think we will reach 25,000 levels this year.

FIIs investment is through P- notes.... tht means on their part some cash is blocked as margin money only .. tht also for smalll time..... and when this money cme back .. it can go into Emaar MGF also... As for we Indians this is a name we know only from last 1 or 1.5 years... but they know this very well..

Lets see on which side camel will sit

happy trading

chintan

CISCO got slammed after hours. Sees problems in both Europe and US. Philly fed chief killed the market today by talking up inflation fears. Weekly unemployment claim report scheduled for tomorrow. Last week's claim announcement was masked by Microsoft Y A H O O deal. Any number above 345K is recessionary. Last week's number was 375K.

Last edited:
Thanks venkat.

Looks like we are headed towards 15000 mark on BSE and around 11500 on dow.

Venkat, What you think? how low dow will drop? During most recession, Dow dropped to 15-20% from peak. However current dow levels are already 12 - 15 % from peak. What you think? how low can it go?

Today morning was good but fed spoiled the day. I don't understand why fed can't keep their mouth shut. They always talk **** things like this but whenever their meeting comes , they announce rate cut. Don't know whats their problem.

Cisco got hammered today in after hours market. I doubt that that will impact too much to european market and us market. it will butjust little bit. Market needed one catalyst to move ahead and every eye was on cisco. now they disappoited so market might go down. however unemployment result will hav major impact on the market.

kkseal

But it's been nice & orderly (short&cover) this time (so far) Yesterday 18k held (a little against expectations) Today that has been broken & proceeding towards 17500.

kkseal

I was a little perplexed by the gap-up on Feb 4, whether to treat is as breakaway or exhaustion; but the subsequent island resolved that one too.

RSI

I was a little perplexed by the gap-up on Feb 4, whether to treat is as breakaway or exhaustion; but the subsequent island resolved that one too.
Volume was providing all important clue during the entire upmove. No volume at all in the upmove.
Regards
R.S.Iyer