Trading with PT style

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of the road for gold?

No, surely not. However it is time to be cautious for sure. What are the risks in gold? Or is it that there are no risks at all, as some readers would like to believe?
Well let us look at some of the risks:

1. It is not an essential commodity: You cannot eat gold. If prices go beyond a point, people will just not consume it! It is not air or water.

2. Remember in the year 2008 gold lost MORE THAN 30% of value — clearly the hedge theory goes. A hedge asset SHOULD move in the other direction, not in sympathy.

3. In the 1980s gold lost about 65% of its value in about 2 years time! Remember both these events happened against a not very strong currency — the US dollar!!

4. When fear subsides, and things return to normal, the law of demand and supply will apply to all assets — including gold.

5. The Chicago Mercantile Exchange has a very high margin now for gold — and CME is a good reader of volatility. Expect volatility, margin calls, and sales by the lenders — all these do not sound good.

6. No income generating capability: If you go wrong in a portfolio of good shares (i.e. prices have fallen!) at least you are sure of getting a 2% to 4%p.a. return in dividends. This is not great, but will FORCE lenders / investors to discount the cashflow and arrive at a new price. If the company does well, dividends will increase, forcing the value to go up. Sadly in case of gold, I have to hope that there is a GREATER FOOL THEORY and I will be able to find him, so that I can sell. This is not easy.

FII trading activity on NSE and BSE on Capital Market Segment

The following is combined FII trading data across NSE and BSE collated on the basis of trades executed by FIIs on 28-Sep-2011.

FII trading activity on NSE and BSE in Capital Market Segment(In Rs. Crores)
Category Date Buy Value Sell Value Net Value
FII 28-Sep-2011 2705.14 2520.17 184.97

Domestic Institutional Investors trading activity on NSE and BSE on Capital Market Segment

The following is combined Domestic Institutional Investors trading data across NSE and BSE collated on the basis of trades executed by Banks, DFIs, Insurance, MFs and New Pension System on 28-Sep-2011.

DII trading activity on NSE and BSE in Capital Market Segment(In Rs. Crores)
Category Date Buy Value Sell Value Net Value
DII 28-Sep-2011 907.32 791.73 115.59

Muthoot Fincorp plans to open 50 branches in Rajasthan by March 2012

The 5 branches of Muthoot Fincorp in Jaipur will be located at Rajapark, Mansarovar, Mahesh Nagar, Khatipura Road and Vidhyadhar Nagar.
Its issue price was 175 low made around 152 an dit is in zone of 152-196 upper band not broken coming to break lower around 140 its a good buy

Status
Not open for further replies.