Trading the 10min with a 30/60min perspective

musicjunkie

Re: Trading the 5min with 60min perspective

Hi RK,
Thank you for your views, I am a little confused on what you are trying to say. Please post a chart, or if trying to change the system completely you can post several of them on a new thread. I will love to have a look at that. IF your onto something It will be a great thing!

Also, Suppose im trading the 60 min with Nifty, by day trades will be with mini nifty. IM not closing my 60 min until my 60min Pivot gets cracked :)

Good luck RK !
MJ-

musicjunkie

Seems I have not read the posts by MJ properly!!! I now seem to be able to grasp the thing a bit more now that i have read the posts with a little more attention!!!
Awaiting a few charts to fully understand the thing!!!

One thing : Would it be a correct statement if I say :

The 5 minute trade has nothing to do with the 6o minutes flow trade except for finding the direction of the trade we wish to enter !!!
SPOT on!! there we are my friend!
And must say beautifully summarized in one line.....

musicjunkie

29th August - We were short day before, Gap up and we are long, waiting for first decline on 60 min....never came...sadly no trade taken on the glide upwards.

1st Sept - We were long, gap down, go short, now we wait for first up bar. IT appears AT 1400 we enter short @ 4289 and stopped out at 4323, ouch! loss of 34 pts!
very tired to post chart

2nd sept - chart already posted, tasty....130+

M4uh- Missing ur presence, IF ur around maybe you could summarize P/L of 60 and 5mw6p on a weekly basis. Thanks in advance, wont be around tomorrow thats why.
Have a nice holiday everyone
MJ-

rkkarnani

Hi MJ, I am posting what I have understood and my queries if any!!

musicjunkie;212902]Perspective : 60 mins
Trade with 5 min,
we shall never go against the higher trend, ever

---------------------------------------------------------
We take trade in the direction of our existing 60 min. flow trade!!!

What are we trying to do?
First lets get our basics clear, (regular members can skip this)

Consecutive bars making new highs and newer higher lows, this is a RALLY. Nothing more
.The break of the previous low is the start (possibly) of a decline. once this Decline takes out last high we have an uptrend. We are trying to buy the delcine and ride it all the way up
---------------------------------------------------------
MJ,If we are trading per Saints Perspective, why not trade the Pivots in 5 minutes time frame rather than the "trend"!!!!

Now The Setup,
The setup is very simple, Supposing the 60 min chart is in an uptrend and is facing a decline now.
MJ, Do you mean that whenever in 60 min. uptrend, we get the current bar closing below the low or breaching the previous bars low we look for a LONG trade in 5 min. chart!!!

If we change time and switch to 5 min we have a proper downtrend, One with lower lows and lower highs. It's a screaming bear market on the 5 min.
Remember we shall never go against the higher trend,
The moment the downtrend on 5 min changes to an uptrend we BUY.
I was suggesting , why not buy above the recent PH high, instead of looking for a change in Trend!!! In this way we are looking for Pivots only and not Trends... I vaguely remember Saint saying that its always Pivots over Trend!!

Stop
Is at last PL on 5mins. when we are stopped out, we are out. We dont reverse positions
Agreed wedo not reverse positions as the 60 min flow is still long!!! So we exit below thw PL, do note that in sharp decline we may have consequtive WRB's, we need to have some rule for exit here!!

Filter
4-5 points is more than enough
Request to people who are backtesting to specify whether its 4 or 5 !!

Adds
Will talk about this later, first will get our concepts clear.
Agreed, we talk about it later, maybe if at all we add or not!!!

Reward
We don't have a reward, we have risk. Everything starts and ends with risk. We accept whatever the market is willing to give.
May be you are unable to put it properly!!! We cannot trade a set up which does not have a Reward, only Risk!!! Agree that we take whatever the market is wiling to give, but MJ, we must be sure that in this set up market gave more than it took!!

We may not take a trade everyday, it may come once in a while but once taken and they work they should be worth the wait
Yes!!!! MJ, that has to happen, the wait has to be worth the wait, this is going to be our reward!!!!!

Again I reiterate, I have not traded this regularly, just kept an eye on it.
So I though the best way to go about it is to post it on Traderji, so we can all benefit and change rules around
Great going MJ, we sure will be able to put the rules in place and more so with Saint there and willing to chip in!!!

So to summarise
We don't go against trend
we stay in trade until stopped out or until markets are coming to a close
In a 60 min uptrend which is facing a decline we look at 5mins and buy as soon as the dowtrend turns to an uptrend.
That's all, very simple.
MJ, as you have been following the set up, and as you said, have not been trading it, why not eye it as 'following the trend' with the pivots rather than the traditional way of seeing the trend!!!! We are slowly getting used to 'seeing' the pivots so why not use the same method here too!!!

All the best!!!!

R K Karnani

musicjunkie

Hi Rk,
When trading this system we ask two questions.
First, what our position in 60 mins? this will be our position on the daytrade. (should be clear by now after all the charts)
Second, Has the first Decline in the 60 min uptrend come? as soon as we see a red bar on 60min on which we are long, we start to buy a PH break with filter 5

We are NOT trying to trade every pivot, just trying to buy somewhat near the lows on the decline and ride it all the way up.
We may get stopped out, again,again and again. We shall need to see atleast 3 months of data posted here before we start using this.
More to come after some reactions from members.
So, last few day's losses were recovered following these daytrades.

MJ-

pakatil

The 5 minute trade has nothing to do with the 6o minutes flow trade except for finding the direction of the trade we wish to enter !!!
I think that is right. To start with break of PL for Longs & PH for Shorts is exit point. May be at a later stage, Scalping may be considered. Just my loud thinking.

Cheers

vinst

MJ,

Once we take a position on 5min based on 60min trend, shall we not add to that position with each subsequent in-trend 5min pivot break? This is what will give real big money on trendy days.

regards,
vin

musicjunkie

Hi vin,
Aboslutely correct, Iv mentioned before without adds this system will probably bring breakeven results, the adds will give the real dough. I have about 10 more days to go then will post results on August, see what we get.
We'll come do the adds once we are comfortable with the entire idea, basic rules etc..
MJ-

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Metals 0
V Metals 1
V Energy 0
V Metals 0
V Metals 0