Trading NR7 setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

darshanshukla

You guys are gr8 in TA
previously I thought I know many things but here m very small...
It is great learning from your thread..
Thanking you again,
I hope you will not mind if I read your threads.
Dr. Darshan Shulkla

AW10

Dr Saab. Aise kaise ho sakta hai kee anyone will mind you visiting this thread.
Feel free to go thru it and if there is any confusion / doubt then I will certainly mind
if you keep that to yourself and don't ask it here..

We all can learn from each other.
Happy Trading.

AW10

Just to extend NR4-2 as per my understanding.. is having NR4 day triggered on 2 days.. one after another.
Logically it is = NR5 .. For ex if we have range distribution is like 119,120,121 and 118 then we got NR4 here. If on next day we get range of 116 then we have NR4 (120,121,118 and 116 ) if we look back 4 days. If we look back 5 days (119,120,121,118 and 116) then we will get NR5.

We could have also got NR5 if with following range sequence (119,95,121,100 and 90), but this is not NR4-2 setup. We could infact get NR7 level of contraction for 1 day and immediate expansion next day.

As per my understanding, NR4 indicates that mkt has been under contraction for 2 days. That means longer the contraction, stronger the expansion.
In comparision to this, NR5 / NR6 / NR7 means 1 days of extreme contraction.

To understand the difference between NR4 / NR4-2 and NR5, you got to look at the time aspect of market behaviour.

Sunil, any thought /comment on my understanding of this variation.

Hope , I have not confused the readers.

Happy Trading

HPS

Thanks Vineet for providing the clarification.

Thanks HPS for raising your doubt here.I have edited first post to correct it.

On 5th june, Low was 4561. on 6th, the range was from 4611 to 4404. That means if we had placed order to sell at 4561, it would have been executed.

Market fell on 6th / 7th.. taking it down to the level of 4365 giving us opportunity of 200 points range approximately. Based on this setup, different traders can form their own strategy to exploit it.

Happy Trading.
Thanks Mr. Vineet and Mr. AW10 for Reply
:thumb:

Sunil

Just to extend NR4-2 as per my understanding.. is having NR4 day triggered on 2 days.. one after another.
Logically it is = NR5 .. For ex if we have range distribution is like 119,120,121 and 118 then we got NR4 here. If on next day we get range of 116 then we have NR4 (120,121,118 and 116 ) if we look back 4 days. If we look back 5 days (119,120,121,118 and 116) then we will get NR5.

We could have also got NR5 if with following range sequence (119,95,121,100 and 90), but this is not NR4-2 setup. We could infact get NR7 level of contraction for 1 day and immediate expansion next day.

As per my understanding, NR4 indicates that mkt has been under contraction for 2 days. That means longer the contraction, stronger the expansion.
In comparision to this, NR5 / NR6 / NR7 means 1 days of extreme contraction.

To understand the difference between NR4 / NR4-2 and NR5, you got to look at the time aspect of market behaviour.

Sunil, any thought /comment on my understanding of this variation.

Hope , I have not confused the readers.

Happy Trading
This is exactly what I wanted to illustrate to you, AW10...
I don't prefer NR4 or NR5 alone...
I am looking for continuous contraction. That's why I make an exception and incorporate the SECOND instance of NR4-2 (ie NR4-2) in such setup.
After that, it's NR7.

IB with any of them is just like an icing on the cake.

Mini-flow guys will vouch for this, as one can expect a good trendy day on the following day.

AW10

Spot on, Bala...That is why,
NR4-2 plus IB (Inside Bar)
&
NR7 plus IB
are best combos

NR4-2 means second consecutive day of NR4 day.
Yesterday & today are NR4 days as per FUT chart, while as per Spot chart, there is no pattern related to the topic of the thread.
So, only for tomorrow's intraday purpose, I'll be considering today's HOD & LOD as breakout levels.
Sharp U turns from 4155 & 4275.
Agree with Sunil that Inside Day brings is more strength to this setup.
That setup is tagged as IDNR setup.

So we have following variations of this setup
- NR4/ NR5/ NR6/ NR7 / NR8 etc (though finding NR8 days really rare.) Smaller the timeframe, bigger the number we can see. e.g Getting NR7 on Monthly chart is dream.

- NR4 - 2, NR5-2 etc (long duration of contraction)

- IDNR4/ IDNR 5/ IDNR6/ IDNR7 etc [contraction not just in range (i.e. mood of participants during market hour) but also in time]

- for you info, I have also read about 2-day NR4 (rather than taking daily high-low range, (a) take H-L range of 2 days i.e. today range will be (Max of (high today, high yesterday) Min of (Low today, low yesterday). (b) Calculate for every day (c) and then look back over last n entries to find the narrowest range of any 2 days.

Extending this concept is limited to individuals creativity. As long as there is reasoning behind it, IMO, it should work.
I am in the process of merging NR concept with multi-timeframe concept and test the setup. Hopefully, will be able to share my findings once I am done with that.

Happy Trading

rohangawale

the above discussion which is going on, based on that Today we got some stock in nifty fifty with 2NR7. They are HEROHONDA, RELIANCE CAPITAL, SUZLON.
for the time being we can just see the moment of how these stks behave abv their H/L level.
FYI i m just giving the H/L of these 3 stks

Stock High Low

Hero Honda 1454.9 1423.25
Rel Cap 910.95 855.1
Suzlon 108.6 102.5

Sunil

NR4-2 means second consecutive day of NR4 day.
22-June & 23-June are NR4 days as per FUT chart, while as per Spot chart, there is no such pattern.
So, only for 24-June's intraday trading purpose, I'll be considering today's HOD & LOD as breakout levels.
Sharp U turns from 4155 & 4275.
As of now, SGX Nifty's
High = 4268
Low = 4211

Gun Powder is there; I hope it triggers fine, and shoots as expected...
Hey, where's my "Bull"et...???!!!
Luckily, we got sort of range contraction even in 60min charts today, and 4275 became an apparent neckline.
Strong breakout above it was an expected thing...

Only for NR4-2 (picture thodi baaki hain)
0.5% from 4275 = 4296
1.0% from 4275 = 4318

But, still some lollipop left for tomorrow's EXPIRY Day:

unless NF touches 4238, we will have NR7 today (3rd consecutive NR4 day)

and today, even Spot signals NR7

Status
Not open for further replies.