Trading NR7 setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazytrader

Yes Dear lazytrader .......... dont bother about why the moves much ....
did trade that triangle break out and break out failuer and in profit now

Again what i wanted to say that once we get a sideways / consolidation pattern then can we expect there will be a move once we have a break out /break down....?? and i m not saying if break out happens it must go in the direction of break out but trying to say does market dont sit or goes into consolidation /sideways after this type of break out .... we keep on trading the breakout or if the break out fails also and after 2/3 trade sum shud be profit not in a single trade ...... trying to find out when to trade

Waiting your views
Hi Satyen, I am saying what makes sense to me. That is because of the kind of trader I am. For you it may or not work. It is totally up to you to decide how to/whether to trade it.

Simple rules on which TA is based are: consolidation leads to break out/down, low volatility leads to high volatility (which is what the thread is about)

About the breakout/ breakdown itself, from any pattern, I frankly don't care because I analyse it before hand and have enties and stops worked out for both BO/BD.

We might be going on a tangent here...

@WOD

It doesn't matter where we think it is going to close, what matters is where it closes. 4132+ close would indicate strength. That's where I would refrain for opening fresh shorts. 4202+ close would be long for me. Are you looking for some level or just speculating :)

Last edited:

Satyen

Hi Satyen, I am saying what makes sense to me. That is because of the kind of trader I am. For you it may or not work. It is totally up to you to decide how to/whether to trade it.

Simple rules on which TA is based are: consolidation leads to break out/down, low volatility leads to high volatility (which is what the thread is about)
About the breakout/ breakdown itself, from any pattern, I frankly don't care because I analyse it before hand and have enties and stops worked out for both BO/BD.

@WOD

It doesn't matter where we think it is going to close, what matters is where it closes. 4132+ close would indicate strength. That's where I would refrain for opening fresh shorts. 4202+ close would be long for me. Are you looking for some level or just speculating :)

Thanks laztrader ........ Yes the concept AW10 presented here as the same you are saying .... as market move lower volatility to higher volatility and vice versa ....

Even one can formulate a trading set up using this concepts ......

Waiing your valuable inputs how one can set up a trading method to positional trading using this concepts say break out from a consolidation

WOD

Yup pivot alone not helping me either taking position....thats why looking at 4 and 5 SMA's and setup like NR7....

And it doesn't look like close above 4132 today...More probably we are in for 4080 close....Lets see...
Looks like nifty closing around 4080.......past experience came handy....

WOD

@WOD

Yup I am looking a close below 4100......would keep my PE open if closes below this level...seems like we are closing well below and thus keeping my PE....

WOD

I have basic query here....quite offline (hope AW won't mind it)....

Market closes everyday at 3.30 PM...but we can still see quotes coming in till 3.55.....so question is if not we then who trades between 3.30 to around 3.50.....

lazytrader

Thanks laztrader ........ Yes the concept AW10 presented here as the same you are saying .... as market move lower volatility to higher volatility and vice versa ....

Even one can formulate a trading set up using this concepts ......

Waiing your valuable inputs how one can set up a trading method to positional trading using this concepts say break out from a consolidation
You will find your answer here in AW10's post. http://www.traderji.com/advanced-trading-strategies/29825-trading-nr7-setup.html#post323034 It is easier to trade this with options. Or else you have to wait for a Bo/BD the next day and then go with futures.

MurAtt

Yes, in CASH section you can buy or sell on the settled closing prices in a 10 minute window.

lazytrader

Today might be another narrow range day. But because of day before yesterday we may not get a NR4 even. However compared to the atr it would be a small range. (I was just comparing ranges to atr and found it a better way to calcuate NR days).

Today watching for a close above 4100 for neutral and 4140 for bullish bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.