Trading Log for 2013

augubhai

Bro, I won't be able to say the exact amount here as most of it is my father's money as he uses them to invest in value stocks:eek:. I can say its a decent 7 digit account, where profits only made by me are taken out, my father's profits remain there.

I am waiting to pay my father's loan back, once done, I will go on with my account. Since, then he doesn't want me to take risks which he cannot monitor, these value investors you see:annoyed:

Once loan payed back(36%) remains to be paid, I plan on taking that money too for my trading, Hoping to finish the loan within January.

Then I will say "en vazhi thani vazhi seendatha" to my father, just like rajinikanth says in padayappa.:D
un appa vazhiyum nalla vazhi pol than irikku... puthu vazhiyil konjum pathu porumaiyagu...

Tlahuicole

un appa vazhiyum nalla vazhi pol than irikku... puthu vazhiyil konjum pathu porumaiyagu...
Haha kandippa. Avarathu very low risk low return strategy and its not an income source for him, Avaru panratthyum nan kathukutu thaan irukken. If one has to attain financial freedom he has to know atleast one form of trading whether its trend trading or scalping or whatsover and one form of investing whether its short term or value investing or whatsover.

Just my view

godfather

Haha kandippa. Avarathu very low risk low return strategy and its not an income source for him, Avaru panratthyum nan kathukutu thaan irukken. If one has to attain financial freedom he has to know atleast one form of trading whether its trend trading or scalping or whatsover and one form of investing whether its short term or value investing or whatsover.

Just my view
unkaludae intha view nalla irukae...:thumb: annalum augubhai soonathu kandippa follow pannanum...:)

Last edited:

Tlahuicole

I missed taking up profits at least partially in the first trade and missed an awejome entry signal for a long go after the short trade in BANK NIFTY, but a great thing happened too. Tomorrow we have a family function, so I got to meet my sister and her husband's family after long time, very long time. I came to know that my sister's husband's brother also is an active trader but he does that full time unlike an idiot like me. I asked him to stay for sometime with me and we had a great chat. It was really inspiring for me to see a full time trader face to face. He was working as a marine engineer and started trading two years ago, then he slowly stopped taking contracts on his job and switched to full time trading. We were discussing much of the thing like, which hour we feel comfortable to trade, for me it was the last hour, which I always don't have the chance to trade because of my work, whereas he trades in the first hour only. He scalps for first hour and then closes his trade well within 45 minutes that is by 10:30 he will be free to pursue his other interests.

Great feeling. I was showing my track record to him and he was showing his to me. There were vast differences as our methods differed, but only similarity was both us used a simple method without much of indicators.

He :-
1)Uses adx indicator alone with candlesticks
2)does around 5 trades a day all are scalps
3)trades on 1 min tf over 5 min tf

Me:-
1)Uses support and resistance alone with candlesticks
2)does around 4 trades a day
3)trades on 5 min tf over 30 min tf

His returns were great last year, and he was able to afford to open a small restaurant in his hometown. It is always inspiring to hear success stories for traders like me who dream for success and work towards it.

I asked him to teach me his scalping method, he agreed to do so if i teach my trending method. So, here it goes, after tomorrow, for next three days I will learn his method, and sit along with him while he trades. Next week monday and tuesday, he will be sitting along with me to see my trades. So it is going to be great, learn and teach it is going to be, so i won't be able to post trades on my diary over this week. We will start afresh next week.:clap:

Tomorrow is a family function and after that am going to learn hurry :D, and after that he is going to sit with me to see my trades, as I had informed him that there is nothing to teach in my method, just simple tuning of entries on 5 min charts seeing 30 min charts. Hope I don't get embarrassed while learning or showing him my trades.:thumb:

mkbsiva

I missed taking up profits at least partially in the first trade and missed an awejome entry signal for a long go after the short trade in BANK NIFTY, but a great thing happened too. Tomorrow we have a family function, so I got to meet my sister and her husband's family after long time, very long time. I came to know that my sister's husband's brother also is an active trader but he does that full time unlike an idiot like me. I asked him to stay for sometime with me and we had a great chat. It was really inspiring for me to see a full time trader face to face. He was working as a marine engineer and started trading two years ago, then he slowly stopped taking contracts on his job and switched to full time trading. We were discussing much of the thing like, which hour we feel comfortable to trade, for me it was the last hour, which I always don't have the chance to trade because of my work, whereas he trades in the first hour only. He scalps for first hour and then closes his trade well within 45 minutes that is by 10:30 he will be free to pursue his other interests.

Great feeling. I was showing my track record to him and he was showing his to me. There were vast differences as our methods differed, but only similarity was both us used a simple method without much of indicators.

He :-
1)Uses adx indicator alone with candlesticks
2)does around 5 trades a day all are scalps
3)trades on 1 min tf over 5 min tf

Me:-
1)Uses support and resistance alone with candlesticks
2)does around 4 trades a day
3)trades on 5 min tf over 30 min tf

His returns were great last year, and he was able to afford to open a small restaurant in his hometown. It is always inspiring to hear success stories for traders like me who dream for success and work towards it.

I asked him to teach me his scalping method, he agreed to do so if i teach my trending method. So, here it goes, after tomorrow, for next three days I will learn his method, and sit along with him while he trades. Next week monday and tuesday, he will be sitting along with me to see my trades. So it is going to be great, learn and teach it is going to be, so i won't be able to post trades on my diary over this week. We will start afresh next week.:clap:

Tomorrow is a family function and after that am going to learn hurry :D, and after that he is going to sit with me to see my trades, as I had informed him that there is nothing to teach in my method, just simple tuning of entries on 5 min charts seeing 30 min charts. Hope I don't get embarrassed while learning or showing him my trades.:thumb:
APPO MAAMANUM MACHAANUM SENDHU ORU KALAKKU KALAKKA POREENGALAA??..;):thumb::thumb:

Tlahuicole

I Had a great session with my trading buddy, we became very close, we had discussions and he taught me his system and also showed me live trading, I figured out that is not going to be for me. I don't like getting in and ou frequently, that just doesn't feel like me, cannot concentrate on one min tfs or below, maximum I can do is with 3min TF but even that I don't feel comfortable. The maximum I feel comfortable is over 5 min TF, so I will better stick to that, I learned a lesson a valuable one, since something is working out for someone means it doesn't mean it should work for you. Stay with your tactics, Lion has its own way of hunting and cheetah has its own way, its better to fine tune what you do already and what you are experienced with already. So, I will stay with my methods as of now. Once, I go full time I will try others one by one if necessary.

However, he also didn't like my system, he said he is not comfortable in staying in a trade for more than 2,3,4 minutes. However, I got a good idea from his system on adds which might suit me but have to back test again, this irritating work of back testing.

So, may or may not trade this week, taking my time to refine my edge and this might eat my time away, let us see, If I get time I will do trades over this week.

Also, we showed our track records to one on of our business tycoon distant relations, who is impressed, but wants to check how much % we can exactly make over a week, month and year. He wants to get into a win win situation where we both handle a part of his investments on percentage basis. A lot has happened over this year so far. I am not interested in playing with others money, I do have the necessity of proving my skill and will. Let us see who knows what GOD has planned. These business men are very calculative in their talks, he was trying to tempt us both to work for him and he is promising us a lot for joining hands with him, but we both don't have the mentality of working for someone, after all money is not why we chose trading but lifestyle it is. Let me prove this guy that I make money out of trading with my skill and God's will but not just luck alone, he is trying to prove a point to me and let me try to prove what he is trying to prove is totally wrong.

I pray GOD to guide me in my next step.