Trading for Living -- Successfully Completed one year as Full Time Trader

SarangSood

Hi amrutham/ sarang or anyone..can you explain what is put of price range error that is coming while selling the option.
Yesterday i tried to sell 29000pe which is trading at 101. But it was giving error. When i see bid and ask prices..there are still people placed orders at that price
Because it was expiry day with sudden movement there is rush of orders in options. So the rates can freeze for some seconds or maybe a minute in rare case. But this happens generally after 2:30pm which it did yesterday 2-3 times.

anildnr

Because it was expiry day with sudden movement there is rush of orders in options. So the rates can freeze for some seconds or maybe a minute in rare case. But this happens generally after 2:30pm which it did yesterday 2-3 times.
Is it same with all brokerage houses or it is freezed by exchange itself?

amrutham

Hi amrutham/ sarang or anyone..can you explain what is put of price range error that is coming while selling the option.
Yesterday i tried to sell 29000pe which is trading at 101. But it was giving error. When i see bid and ask prices..there are still people placed orders at that price
Yesterday I didn't trade 29000pe . Other contracts which I traded ( 28700 PE, 28900 CE, 29000 CE, 29100 CE, 29200 CE) were fine in Zerodha. What was the exact error you got?

SarangSood

VJAY

I exited this after 2:30 at break-even level.

If I had waited till 3 PM, this would have given handsome profit of 25 points, but it can go either way after 2:30.
You didn't take any action when market fell to 28800?

The 29100 butterfly which i bought at 14 points fell to 8. But the 29300 butterfly which i sold at 6 three times fell to 1. So i could hold my position in profit. But i wasn't able to make more than 12 points when market bounced back because i had changed my position to a safer one to play the last hours volatility.

VJAY

Dear amrutham/option traders,
Which strategy is good for intraday play...as bf strategy not make money intraday...