Trading for Living -- Successfully Completed one year as Full Time Trader

Again started actively trading since market seems to have stabilized.

Overall account is flat over the three months period Sept-Nov. Incurred slight losses in the months of Sept and Oct and those were recovered in Nov.

This is how the PL looks like for current FY. More reds than greens in Sept and Oct. View attachment 30958 View attachment 30959
Welcome back Amrutham. Glad to see the activity is back in the thread. Hope and pray for good days again in every trader’s life.

pannet1

HI amrutham,

you being a full time trader, how do you manage your monthly expenses during loss months and flat months. if you have mentioned your plan and i have missed it, sorry for the duplicate question.

Again started actively trading since market seems to have stabilized.

Overall account is flat over the three months period Sept-Nov. Incurred slight losses in the months of Sept and Oct and those were recovered in Nov.

This is how the PL looks like for current FY. More reds than greens in Sept and Oct. View attachment 30958 View attachment 30959

anildnr

Hi friends..as we have budget event on feb1st..and expecting some major decisions in income tax slabs..can we expect high volatality? My personal opinion is buying call n put and sell before event..will work. Share yr opinions as well

Hi,
I too am missing Amrutham’s updates.
As far as my trades are concerned, I am nowhere. My broker made the money!
Consistency is the key, but somewhere some how it gets strayed and by the time you recover from the mishap, something else happens. May be because I am playing with too little money and hence can afford only intraday that too under MIS.
Looking forward to your updates.
Regards

anildnr

Hi,
I too am missing Amrutham’s updates.
As far as my trades are concerned, I am nowhere. My broker made the money!
Consistency is the key, but somewhere some how it gets strayed and by the time you recover from the mishap, something else happens. May be because I am playing with too little money and hence can afford only intraday that too under MIS.
Looking forward to your updates.
Regards
Not sure with how much money you are playing..but if it is with around 4 to 5 lakhs then we can do some decent trades in MIS. Ofcourse as u said..consistency is important and in our known members i feel.amrutham.and sarang are doing consistent as far as i know.

amrutham

HI amrutham,

you being a full time trader, how do you manage your monthly expenses during loss months and flat months. if you have mentioned your plan and i have missed it, sorry for the duplicate question.
Now I have completed 2 years full time trading.

Till now I have been withdrawing money regularly for expenses, irrespective of profit/loss. Since not many consecutive loss months till now, this process is working fine and account is growing quarter on quarter.

In future if I encounter a situation where I cannot withdraw money, I plan to use the contingency fund (around 10L in FD) which I set aside for this purpose at the beginning of the trading.