Trading for Living -- Successfully Completed one year as Full Time Trader

mycall

Hi all,
Thread has become silent suddenly. Hope everyone is fine.
September & October were difficult months for me and SLs were more in numbers than Profits booked.
Would appreciate if some one shares his success story.
Regards
Hi!

I have posted earlier that high VIX situation is not much healthier for credit (short) positions in weekly options. Specially for me as my availability on terminal is not regular. Also I posted that this is the time to build cash portfolio.

I am now trading in Cash... posting updates in my other thread. Regarding BNF options... I am looking at monthly ratio spreads.

Thank you.

SarangSood

Hi all,
Thread has become silent suddenly. Hope everyone is fine.
September & October were difficult months for me and SLs were more in numbers than Profits booked.
Would appreciate if some one shares his success story.
Regards
September was good for me, October was slightly on the -ve side. Had to change some of my trading techniques which i have learnt over the years for times like these. Firstly i stopped carrying forward my positions. Secondly i traded heavily only on the expiry day as the week's volatility is defined till then. Also i stopped trading in short strangle and instead was doing delta neutral debit or credit spreads because bnf was mostly trending 500 points in a single day.

I have mock positions in 12-15 strategies at a time and the one which is giving the most profit is the one i go for in the day. Usually in the last two months 90% of the time none of the strategies hold up for more than 3-4 hours so the trading was less. Still the remaining 10% gave decent opportunities.

November is going really good bdw. The profit giving strategies have started holding up for longer time frame. As i only add on winning trades and cut on losing trades the profit received is always higher.

VJAY

Again started actively trading since market seems to have stabilized.

Overall account is flat over the three months period Sept-Nov. Incurred slight losses in the months of Sept and Oct and those were recovered in Nov.
Welcome back amrutham....:)

columbus

September was good for me, October was slightly on the -ve side. Had to change some of my trading techniques which i have learnt over the years for times like these. Firstly i stopped carrying forward my positions. Secondly i traded heavily only on the expiry day as the week's volatility is defined till then. Also i stopped trading in short strangle and instead was doing delta neutral debit or credit spreads because bnf was mostly trending 500 points in a single day.

I have mock positions in 12-15 strategies at a time and the one which is giving the most profit is the one i go for in the day. Usually in the last two months 90% of the time none of the strategies hold up for more than 3-4 hours so the trading was less. Still the remaining 10% gave decent opportunities.

November is going really good bdw. The profit giving strategies have started holding up for longer time frame. As i only add on winning trades and cut on losing trades the profit received is always higher.
Never ever carry forward positions. Do not fix in mind the targets. Take the day as it comes.