Trading as a part time profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajendrani

Now coming to the most important part for the Rules

Rules for trading 5 min pivot method:

1. Enter trade with 2 lots of Nifty or Minifty.
2. 1 lot to be booked at 25 – 30 points profits
3. Not more than 3 trades in a day
4. After 2.45 pm no more SAR, use only stop loss and exit the trade if stop loss it. No more fresh trades after stop loss hit
5. If Stop loss not hit till 3.20pm or 3.25pm exit manually either at 3.20pm or 3.25 pm
6. Do not add any more rules.

Rules Explained:

1. You can either trade this method using Nifty futures for current month or Minifty for current month, depending upon your Money Management. When you enter trade, enter with 2 lots or 4 lots again depending on the Money Management.

2. Profit Booking - It is absoutely neccessary that you do profit booking, Profit booking helps you many times, sometimes, it even takes your big profit, but when the trades goes against you, this profit helps you to breakeven and cover the brokerage cost. Depending on the broker you are using and adding the brokerage try to book profit for one lot at atleast 20 - 25 points.
No Adds for me, it depends on you if you want to Add to your position or no.

3. In one day not more than 3 trades to be taken, Usually this happens when nifty is nontrending and we have VV charts. But most of the days, the day will end in max of 3 trades, you wont need to go for 4th trades.

4. After 2.45 pm nor more SAR use only stop loss. Well this time period depend on you at what time do you want to use it, before I use to keep at 2.30 pm then changed to 2.45pm then to 3.00pm. As I had witnessed some big trades during the last hour of the day.

5. If the stop loss is not hit till 3.20 - 3.25 pm then exit manually at 3.20-3.25 pm.

6. Try to keep the rules few and simple, dont add more rules and make things complicated.

rajendrani

All rules, confirming pivots, derivation of filters, entry, exit, position sizing everything has been posted,

It is members responsibility to make sure that they test this system before putting in trade with real money. I had been trading this system for some time and I had been doing great. You can test and make your own rules and make up your own system that suits your mentality.

Happy trading to all of you.

Thanks and regards,
Rajendrani

niftychance

All rules, confirming pivots, derivation of filters, entry, exit, position sizing everything has been posted,

It is members responsibility to make sure that they test this system before putting in trade with real money. I had been trading this system for some time and I had been doing great. You can test and make your own rules and make up your own system that suits your mentality.

Happy trading to all of you.

Thanks and regards,
Rajendrani
Great work Raj :thumb:

Commendable Effort

Regards

ag_fx

Now coming to the most important part for the Rules

Rules for trading 5 min pivot method:

1. Enter trade with 2 lots of Nifty or Minifty.
2. 1 lot to be booked at 25 30 points profits
3. Not more than 3 trades in a day
4. After 2.45 pm no more SAR, use only stop loss and exit the trade if stop loss it. No more fresh trades after stop loss hit
5. If Stop loss not hit till 3.20pm or 3.25pm exit manually either at 3.20pm or 3.25 pm
6. Do not add any more rules.

Rules Explained:

1. You can either trade this method using Nifty futures for current month or Minifty for current month, depending upon your Money Management. When you enter trade, enter with 2 lots or 4 lots again depending on the Money Management.

2. Profit Booking - It is absoutely neccessary that you do profit booking, Profit booking helps you many times, sometimes, it even takes your big profit, but when the trades goes against you, this profit helps you to breakeven and cover the brokerage cost. Depending on the broker you are using and adding the brokerage try to book profit for one lot at atleast 20 - 25 points.
No Adds for me, it depends on you if you want to Add to your position or no.

3. In one day not more than 3 trades to be taken, Usually this happens when nifty is nontrending and we have VV charts. But most of the days, the day will end in max of 3 trades, you wont need to go for 4th trades.

4. After 2.45 pm nor more SAR use only stop loss. Well this time period depend on you at what time do you want to use it, before I use to keep at 2.30 pm then changed to 2.45pm then to 3.00pm. As I had witnessed some big trades during the last hour of the day.

5. If the stop loss is not hit till 3.20 - 3.25 pm then exit manually at 3.20-3.25 pm.

6. Try to keep the rules few and simple, dont add more rules and make things complicated.

First of all, I would like to thank rajendrani for such a commendable effort...Friend, the way you have explained the entire process is just so amazing....
If you remember, I was facing some difficulties with the comfort level of the filters...Though I was closing in green everyday, I was nt comfortable with filters....Thats when You suggested ATR and I employed 7% and 10% rule to myself. But, now as I see, the problem could have been solved with the 2 candles making consecutives HH HL or LL LH to identify the filter...
I have spent last few hours backtesting this on my trades and whooaaaa...It solves my problem... :D

Kudos to you once again...

Second, I would like to share my exp with this method and the way I traded it. Please bear in mind that this is not an attempt to counter anything that rajendrani said...Whatever he said is something anybody and everybody trading this method should keep in mind...I am just trying to describe here a practical approach view.

The deciding of TP levels. I use a fixed percentage of Nifty Spot value to decide the TP levels. The reason is simple....a 25 point move on Nifty when spot is at 2500 represents 1% movement, while the same movement represents a 0.5% movement when spot is at 5000. So while it would be difficult to get a 25 point move from 2500, it might be lot easier when at 5000.

Since I used 4 lots , I had 4 T/P levels. 0.25%, 0.5%, 1% & SAR.At current spot these levels come to 12, 22,45 points respectively. This made sure my pocket keeps on gettin some money and worked really well on choppy days.

The reason I used this apprioach was in my backtest i found that after breaking a PH or PL, 8 out of 10 times nifty doesnt cross 1% movement barrier. To make sure I dont miss out on trending days, I used last lot as SAR.

Also, the backtest and live trading has proven that usually 3 trades are max that we'll get in a day. Only on choppy days the trade count increases. So this rule will only help us stay out of mkts when required.

In the end...A lovely strategy being built here...I request all the intrested traders to provide the insight and feedback...

All the Best

Happy Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.