Trading as a part time profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajendrani

TRADING

My trading goes with the trend.

Market is unpredictable, what will happen next can never be predicted, so how we go with it, when should we enter? and when should we exit? These are the two questions which every trader every investor try to ask . Some investors follow blindly to their financial gurus and invest where they tell them too, some goes for the daily tips, some goes with the news, some goes with the luck.

Here we are not following anything blindly, we will be going by chart and will keep trend as our best friend. Most of the successful traders or investors advice that we go with the trend, So we will follow the same thing.

Here the trading is using the trend and pivots. We will try to go with the trend and we will enter and exit the market according to the trend.

Example of Entry, Exit and Reversal

Using the above chart, I will try to explain the Entry, Exit and Reversal of a trade.

We never know where the market will move in which direction, but we need to enter market so, what should be our point to enter, we can go through the previous days charts to look for the continuation or reversal trends, this will just give us a overview as to how the market has been moving but what will happen next only god knows. So just not going by luck or chance we try to go with the trend,

Entering a trade
We will enter long above the Pivot High giving some space from the exact pivot high level and
We will enter short below the Pivot Low giving some space from the exact pivot low level.

For eg suppose the PH is 3170, and Pl is 2600, then we can use some space like 30 points which we often call as Filter. This Filter is used to prevent ourself entering into wrong trade and most of the time, this helps us to enter a right trade.
So For our long entry would be at the PH + Filter = 3170 + 30 = 3200
And our short entry would be at the PL Filter = 2600 30 =2570
(The value of filter used over here is just for explanation purpose, One can backtest for finding the best possible filter and use it accordingly)

Stop Loss (SL), Stop and Reverse (SAR)
As soon as we enter a trade we need to put a stop loss, the reason for putting a stop loss is that if the trade goes against us, then we will loose limited money, but if we dont have any stop loss then we might loose all our money.

What is SAR?
SAR is a short form for stop and reverse, we use this type of stop loss when we want to be always in trade, suppose we are long, we keep our SAR at pivot low once that SAR is broken then we end our existing trade and enter a new trade after that.

What is the best SL or SAR
If we are long above PH then our best SL or SAR is below PL
And If we are short below PL then our best SL or SAR is above PH

What is trailing SL or SAR
Shifting to SL or SAR to the new pivot high and pivot low is known as trailing SL or SAR, We do this to prevent our profitable trade to go into loss and the loss trade to limit its loss.

What to look for after we enter a trade?
After we had placed our buy or sell order, one of our order gets triggered, we put our SL or SAR.

So, if we are short, then we keep eye on the Pivot High (PH) , we will be shifting our SL(Stop Loss) or our SAR(Stop and Reverse)to this new pivot high, as the trend continues to form new lower pivot high we try to shift our SL or SAR to this new Lower pivot high, if this lower pivot high is broken then we have a reversal in our trend then our SL or SAR is hit, SAR will put us in a new trade after ending the existing trade while SL will just end the existing trade.

And now when we are in long, then we keep eye on the Pivot Low (PL), We will be shifting our SL or SAR to the new higher pivot low(PL) , as the trend continues to form new higher pivot lows we shift our SL or SAR to this new higher pivot Lows, If this higher Pivot low is broken then we have a reversal in our trend then our SL or SAR is hit

How to maximize our profit?
We are able to maximize our profit using the trendlines, So what is trendline now, In uptrend we will connect two or more pivot lows using the semi-log and if we have a break in the trendline then at that time we exit the trade for half of the quanity and the rest we will exit at the break of the pivot.
Adding lots at pivot, booking or covering lots at support or resistance level will help you to add up more to your profit.

Last edited:

rajendrani

BUILDING YOUR OWN STRATEGY

This may sound weird, as I was suppose to tell you my strategy as to how to trade.

We all have a different mind and every mind thinks differently, the main purpose for me to teach you the very basic of trading which would be helpful for you.

If there are 10 people using a same method we often see that out of 10 only 2 or 3 people are in profitable stage. So, does this means that the method is wrong, well NO, a proven strategy will give only good results, but its our mind which changes this method, so when it comes to follow a strategy, keep your mind away from thinking much and just follow and trust your own strategy and be ready to accept the loss and the profit.

Let me help you in building your own strategy.
This theory is only for people who are already having a job and looking to trade for some extra money,
We follow the trend and pivot method for entering and exiting the trend. So, every morning you should place your SL or SAR or BUY order or SELL order. Every evening you should give atleast 10 minutes to go through the charts to understand whats going on. You should trade using the daily charts and can use weekly charts for reference. But its advisable not to look into lower timeframe charts or higher timeframe charts or any reference.
Try to book some profits at different levels.

This knowledge had helped me to earn some very good money and would like you to earn more money with this knowledge about the trend and pivots.

The knowledge about the trend and pivot is very limited, So, it is also advisable to go through different books on the technical analysis, candlestick charts, chart patterns, money management, and others if you are seriously looking to enter into trading as a profession.

Last edited:

VJAY

Hi Rajendrani,
Thanks for these very helpfull posts. Sure it helps lot of newbies about TA.Please carry on.

Regards
VJAY

jitu123

Hey Raj,

Very good work man...even I am in a different job & able to do trading since a long.
I appreciate your work that would boost our confidence people like us.

Have a great time ahead :)

Regards,
Jitu

rajendrani

Hi Rajendrani,
Thanks for these very helpfull posts. Sure it helps lot of newbies about TA.Please carry on.

Regards
VJAY
good work rajen...pls carry on ..;)
Excelent work raj...
Hey Raj,

Very good work man...even I am in a different job & able to do trading since a long.
I appreciate your work that would boost our confidence people like us.

Have a great time ahead :)

Regards,
Jitu
Thanks guys for all your appreciation

Regards,
Rajendrani

Good work Rajendrani. Great help for someone who is starting his journey into markets,investment and trading. Keep it up.

Best Wishes,

Smart_trade

Status
Not open for further replies.