Traderji.com Kolkata Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mr. raosrinivas, can u plz explain a bit of more....i can understand tht to trade in US mkts we need a broker frm US.. but then is there any broker of US in india whch allow us to this....

2)I heard abt ICICI direct have some collaboration with sme US brokerage house and they allow to invest only but not trade..tht i had asked them sme times back.... min. brokerage in there case is $9.

do u trade in other mkts?

thanks in advance
chintan
answer for your question,

1. you don't need US brokerages in india to open account, they are based in US and you have to send in application (online), go to any us brokerage site see if they accept international clients. etrade or any other
2. anyone can invest in US equity markets
3. once you get the filled in application for signature, you have to sign the application and FUND the account only in USD.
4. resident indian have to go through (Bank - rbi forms) for foreign exchange up to $50000 for investment purposes
http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/NotificationUser.aspx?Mode=0&Id=3220

you have to send in both the application and funding check in USD only.

you will be given cash account, not margin account. day trading is not allowed if your a/c is less than $25000.

thanks
Srinivas

kkseal

Hi
pic1 L-R oilman,saumya_b,dhakkan,sgm,saint
pic2 L-R Same 5 different angle ( saint with beard)

Regards
Sunando
Hi Sunando, want to see yourself & Asishda too - our two chief organizers.

Thanks for the pics Looking forward to more.

Regards,
Kalyan.

6/4/08

I really feel sorry for those who could not make it to the meet. It was such an enriching experience. Before this meet, I thought I was a BIG Zero. On the way to the meet, started have inferiority complex - going towards negative. But after the meet I am definitely moving up towards higher high (with no trend reversal or resistance).:)

A big THANK YOU for everybody - both who arranged the meet and who enriched us with their knowledge and experience.

Best regards

Nandini

Last edited:

chintan786

hahaha... so Nandini earlier u was Oversold.... hope u never get overbought..........

with Lot of Open interest.....this is Chintan

hahaha... so Nandini earlier u was Oversold.... hope u never get overbought..........

with Lot of Open interest.....this is Chintan
Dear Chintan786,

A good system will make me avoid an Oversold or Overbought situation - this is what the meet tought me. (And keeping myself away from the trade.:))

Thanks
Nandini

really feeling proud to meet personally with master traders like asis da, saint and others.
These people are the ocean of knowledge
just tkink of the fact that these people are the part of some biggest moves of the market.
Speculation is a business which is to be thoroughly learned by any one trying to make a fortune in the market.
it was a great experience for me.

myvineet

ya we are really unfortunate ..not to meet these great people....but what made me shocked is saint ...i thought he is about 60-70 years of age but he is so young ...he changes the whole image of saint in my mind ...i am just reading his posts in "7300" & cant believe that a person in such a young age can write those words of wisdom...

hats of to u saint ...no matter how old u are,u will remain my mentor ...

a big thanx to asish da for doing this ...

regards

ya we are really unfortunate ..not to meet these great people....but what made me shocked is saint ...i thought he is about 60-70 years of age but he is so young ...he changes the whole image of saint in my mind ...i am just reading his posts in "7300" & cant believe that a person in such a young age can write those words of wisdom...

hats of to u saint ...no matter how old u are,u will remain my mentor ...

a big thanx to asish da for doing this ...

regards
we are tricked out of the meet by calling it KOLKATA MEET. :D , just kiding, BTW was Dev Mukherji available ?

oilman5

a great 8 by organisers...........a la perfect 10/10.
........theme of discussion......for those who have missed.
1.saint explaining liking of a chart ........conditional fulfilment of a trend........addition where and how much.........importance of higher frame confirmation
2.a nifty future mechanical system[sgm]
3.uasish on the thing u should learn........BEFORE TRADING
a derisking model with statistical validity.......trade entry /exit @80%accuracy level
intraday tips on rsi...........inflection pt concept.........book some sure profit
4. a simple intraday concept.......by a pro based on order /volume study.....demand/supply mismatch
5.data collection utility
6.STRESS BY SAINT.............STICK TO SYSTEM OTHERWISE U PERISH
STRESS BY UASISH...........SURVIVAL FIRST

Raju

Hi OilMan5,

Thanks for sharing ! U have enjoyed & learned a lot .Cheers !!

Proud to be a member of Traderji !!!

Raju

Status
Not open for further replies.