Trade with options data

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiranjakka

u might be true i am scratching my head just because i long awaited correction as per the forums or news channels hasnt come. As of now the oi data has given me right direction since the recovery from the last month and as per the oi data i was long since last month and on some stocks too gave good returns. Even some of the shorts as per oi data worked out well. And yesterday too oi data gave nice direction intraday that long build up happening intraday near 5200. Oi data is an important indicator for deciding the trend of the market

and sg sir i felt very happy to feel your presence here the example of above was given the stock future as example above even i have faced such senario yesterday as i was with one my friend abhinkoi with call options initially going at 5200 level and then gradually becoming positive and with build up that case was a clear senario of call writers covering their positions initially and call accumulation

once again i was scratching my head because i am long as per oi and long awaited correction never here

Last edited:

SavantGarde

Kiran...wait for 5297-5338 to see what happens at that point of time....for short entry....!!!

SG

u might be true i am scratching my head just because i long awaited correction as per the forums or news channels hasnt come. As of now the oi data has given me right direction since the recovery from the last month and as per the oi data i was long since last month and on some stocks too gave good returns. Even some of the shorts as per oi data worked out well. And yesterday too oi data gave nice direction intraday that long build up happening intraday near 5200. Oi data is an important indicator for deciding the trend of the market

and sg sir you have given the stock future as example above even i have faced such senario yesterday as i was with one my friend abhinkoi with call options initially going at 5200 level and then gradually becoming positive and with build up that case was a clear senario of call writers covering their positions initially and call accumulation

once again i was scratching my head because i am long as per oi and long awaited correction never here

sudris

Hi Kiran,

Have mentioned this several times in the past....that tracking OI & etc. are useless for our Options segment...since Options here is not even 10% of the developed markets....and is totally controlled by the money bags at NSE.

Here is a small example by all that people believe about increased OI with falling prices being bearish....now one is looking at the EOD data to come to the conclusion..Right

Let's say a particular Stock Future opened with a major Gap down of 7-8% and the OI shot up to let's say 10%... but the gap closed to about -3% recovering almost 4-5% and the OI shooting up to 25%... what would one deduce from this......What happened in the Intraday... is that OI increased with rising price...but at EOD one sees the Future down -3% with OI of +25%

You might need to scratch, more than just your head....:) or pulling the wrong tooth of your patients...:D

SG
However, if one really wants to analyse this accurately... then there is no other way than to analyse an Intraday chart ... overlayed with OI squiggly (similar to MA Line).... or a secondary window as a histogram....!!!

SG
Hi SG,
If you may have noticed, Kiran has been posting his analysis based on OI and price movement multiple times a day. so in a way he is analysing on an intraday basis except for the early wee hours of Bourse's opening where the previous EOD values are taken as reference. :)

SavantGarde

Hi Sudris,

Sorry haven't noticed the Intraday postings.... if Kiran is doing that...then he will have more success with it than those pouring over the Date at EOD

SG

Hi SG,
If you may have noticed, Kiran has been posting his analysis based on OI and price movement multiple times a day. so in a way he is analysing on an intraday basis except for the early wee hours of Bourse's opening where the previous EOD values are taken as reference. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.