Trade with options data

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudris

Hi kiran

19-01-2012.

4900 and 5000 puts-positive addition in oi.it means put writers are active.

why should not treat it as long initiated at puts?

pls explain.

is it a rule that,positive addition at oi means that only short created.
very good question, prakash. there is no such rule stating that addition at OI means that only shorts are created

there are two ways of looking at the OI or the change in OI.

if there is a seller/writer there has to be a buyer/premium payer. by judging only the change in OI one can't conclude whether the OI addition favors an anticipation of bullish or bearish view.

but if if you compare the change in OI with the price movement or trend, you could conclude whether the OI change may favor the premium eating vultures or the premium payers.

Basically in very simple terms, Option writers are the Gatekeepers of the price.

Put writers define or gate-keep the price at the support or the max low price level in short term

While Call writer define or gate-keep the price at the resistance or the max high price level in short term

How really short or long is this so called "short term" one can't say. It varies from stock to stock, index to index.

These gatekeepers guard the price and keenly monitor it as well. If it any point of time they feel that their gates are not strong enough to guard or restrict the price below/above their gate-levels, they push open the gates, as a result, the price gets more space to go forward either up or down.

Hope this serves your curiosity.

VJAY

oi increasing in 5000,5100 puts. approx 50% increase in 5100 level :) call writers covering their positions from 4700 to 5100 but the numbers are not that big i think we will see 5100 5150 in nifty next week. immediate target should be 5080-5100 for nifty

kiran pls share your view on this

Thanks.

kiranjakka

hi it is very difficult to interpret the data when reliance or any other company is going to announce its results tomorrow because there will be a big build up in oi before a company is announcing its results and the stock can move either way, since you have asked me to interpret the data of reliance i will vote for the long side than short side just because there is 100% increase in oi of reliance 780,800,820, put options when the stock has moved up today,
yesterday i told you that reliance can move close to 800 than it can go to any where else and today reliance made a high of 795 today and i think unless results of reliance is very good the stock may not cross 800-820 region and wont break lower also because all the bad news is factored in. so i vote for minor upside max 820 and not major downside on reliance.

suzlons data cannot be interpreted because there are no major changes in the oi of stock

reliance will open around 810 +++++++++++++++++++++++++ on monday good one i guess :clap:

Last edited:

VJAY

@VJAY

can u please tell how to refresh it?

and can we get for all shares or we put name of the share and it fetch all data like nifty?

Thanks

Regards
Dear Valuable earner,
Please activate macro when you open excell...it will refresh...its only for nifty...One can modify if he want ...but I don't know it :D

Kiran

yes moreover there is significant increase in OI of 5000 puts (30%) and 5100 puts (50%) ... calls started to shed maybe not much but atleast they are giving pain and operators are shedding them ... so most probably nifty is moving towards 5100..

Lets see what happens

Waiting for ur views :)

Thanks

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.