Trade Smart Online

One of these two is happening right now. Either you are trying to deceive me :annoyed: or you are being taken for a ride by the guys who look after your backoffice because of what you are saying above. I understand the whole process of building and running a website. Been doing it for more than 4 yrs now.

Migration is not that hard. You can build an alternate modern platform. Do alpha testing in your office for two weeks. All this while, your old backoffice is untouched and is running as it was at the same old address. Get some of your clients to do beta testing for two more weeks. In this time you can fix any bugs that you come across. Now, you have a solid, secure, functional backoffice. But it is not yet available to the public. All you have to do to migrate to this new backoffice is change your DNS/nameservers to point to the new backoffice. This requires a brief downtime(max 2 hrs) which can be done late at night.

That is how I migrate my projects when I am updating them :thumb: (every couple of years).
layout design - code - test - optimize - test - client prototype test

I am not trying to give you a tough time. I am just sharing my gripe with you. In fact, I want your brokerage firm to do well and succeed. For that you will have to innovate. :!

Bingo! That is exactly how I feel. :down:
Hi Mihir,
We have not tried to deceive anyone till now and have no reason to do it now either.

With due respect, backoffice is not just a website and building it involves complexities. It is the ERP (Peoplesoft or SAP) of the broking industry. Nevertheless, we are committed to continuously improving our services and will definitely work on this too.

We understand your feedback in the form of constructive criticism and we always welcome feedback from all our clients.

I agree with VNS that a lot of software is still running with COBOL at the backend. The last update of COBOL (as my knowledge goes) was in 1985. I also agree with Mihir that an alternative front end can be developed without much hassle. I used to be a programmer many years ago (dbase, Foxpro) so I do have an idea about it. I have remarked this earlier, but your reports look like that they were basically developed for a DOS platform.

I think that the main problem is that before getting into the online trading business, VNS probably did not have much experience with the retail small time clients. As a programmer, I would have said that their reports are very exhaustive, as any accountant would. Maybe that's why they don't find much wrong with the reports, because a person familiar with the interface will find his way to the required information easily. But as a retail end user, I find them difficult to comprehend. Again as a retail end user, I find it difficult to point out what is wrong and expect them to know what I need :D

Having seen their work in the trading business, I am sure that they will come up with a satisfactory interface because they have it in them to fulfill the customers' needs.
Sure. We understand your concerns and as mentioned in an earlier post are already exploring a separate client interface using the same database.

Thanks for your support and trust in us. We'll definitely find a solution to this. :)

Well you can't expect the moon from a discount broker.

They have to budget for everything, I think their first priority should be no to get bust.

Safety of client money is the top most priority and not the back office.

TSO take your own time and budget accordingly.

Mihir please dont mind (and dont reply too...)

I am not buying that argument. The truth is that there is no willingness to achieve this goal from your side. You haven't set it as a goal. It is high time now you set this as your goal and commit a time line on it. You are way behind other brokers. Low cost shouldn't mean low transparency!
Dear Mihir : You are being rather very harsh on an Excellent Broker which is 20% cheaper than Zerodha (@Rs. 15/order)....at this rather dirt cheap brokerage you want the moon....as far as trading is concerned there is no issue...so why so much is being made out of its Back Office ....be a little rational....:annoyed:

Dear Mihir : You are being rather very harsh on an Excellent Broker which is 20% cheaper than Zerodha (@Rs. 15/order)....at this rather dirt cheap brokerage you want the moon....as far as trading is concerned there is no issue...so why so much is being made out of its Back Office ....be a little rational....:annoyed:
Well you can't expect the moon from a discount broker.

They have to budget for everything, I think their first priority should be no to get bust.

Safety of client money is the top most priority and not the back office.

TSO take your own time and budget accordingly.

Mihir please dont mind (and dont reply too...)
Thanks for your support. At the same time, we also agree with Mihir's point of view that we need to work on the backoffice interface. We are always looking for improvement in the system. :)

Hello!! Trade Smart Online team,
Your customer support is excellent, but u didn't provided any toll-free number.
It would be great if we don't get charged by our network provider on solving any query's with you.