Thoughts on Day/Swing Trading Part 2

Gaur_Krishna

Oho Great Entry method. ST da's Holy Grail Entry ..... (with 20-25% disclaimer .... just kidding)
Many times we are a few minutes late and see nice move already going on. This 2 bar entry will act as great tool. Thanks ST da :thumb:

Just to summarise:
1. Identify strong trend
2. Identify tiny pivots
3. Go 1 bar or 2 bar above these pivots and enter once market takes out that level
4. SL is pivot low
5. This can act as entry point or ADD point
6. If hit SL, come out as anyways for most systems TSL is at minor pivots and its hit means trend is weakened or getting reversed
7. And its not a FULL PROOF SYSTEM , its just an ENTRY METHOD!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna
P-1 or 2 Bars Entry

Today I will share an entry technique which is my favourite entry technique for getting into a trend move, Many times we either miss an entry in a trend move or we get out in between and we want to enter again with small, predefined and controlled risk.

The chart is attached. Here market was in uptrend, it opened with a gap up and after a bit of correction, the uptrend resumed and we want a low rish entry in this uptrend.

Here we locate a small pivot low. And our entry in long trade is above high of the bar which is one bar earlier to pivot low bar provided it is higher than the pivot low bar high, else we go 2 bars earlier.

I have marked 5 places where market gave us a low risk entry shown by blue lines. The stoploss is at the low of the pivot low bar....and you are hooked into a trend...enjoy the ride.

This is an entry method....it is NOT a stand alone trading system....please use it as an entry method only.

The method is based on the fact that an uptrend is made up of higher pivot highs and higher pivot lows and if we keep stops at a pivot low, it will not be hit in a strong uptrend, and if it is hit, it means that the uptrend is weak and we better get out instread of hanging around in a market which is not trending strongly. It is based on sound trading principle and hence this entry technique has more than 75-80 % success rate and is my favourite.....This entry is a great entry for adds even if we are already in trend. It gives low risk add points.

Mirror image to get into a downtrend.....

Smart_trade

What a jewel st

Keep them coming

P-1 or 2 Bars Entry

Today I will share an entry technique which is my favourite entry technique for getting into a trend move, Many times we either miss an entry in a trend move or we get out in between and we want to enter again with small, predefined and controlled risk.

The chart is attached. Here market was in uptrend, it opened with a gap up and after a bit of correction, the uptrend resumed and we want a low rish entry in this uptrend.

Here we locate a small pivot low. And our entry in long trade is above high of the bar which is one bar earlier to pivot low bar provided it is higher than the pivot low bar high, else we go 2 bars earlier.

I have marked 5 places where market gave us a low risk entry shown by blue lines. The stoploss is at the low of the pivot low bar....and you are hooked into a trend...enjoy the ride.

This is an entry method....it is NOT a stand alone trading system....please use it as an entry method only.

The method is based on the fact that an uptrend is made up of higher pivot highs and higher pivot lows and if we keep stops at a pivot low, it will not be hit in a strong uptrend, and if it is hit, it means that the uptrend is weak and we better get out instread of hanging around in a market which is not trending strongly. It is based on sound trading principle and hence this entry technique has more than 75-80 % success rate and is my favourite.....This entry is a great entry for adds even if we are already in trend. It gives low risk add points.

Mirror image to get into a downtrend.....

Smart_trade

@ ST sir

please advice , guide us about EXIT stragies also.

one more Q.

in last hour ...there is multile red bar .....can we take short trade on it .( cause of your 5 th trade SL also hit there )

please guide .

thank you
Vishal,

Exit is much before the stop is hit.It is actually 3rd or 4th bar from the top of the day..

We are in uptrend...so think of going long and getting out...no short trade unless the trend changes, or the move gets steep or some other critaria.

Smart_trade

Trader_PK

Vishal,

Exit is much before the stop is hit.It is actually 3rd or 4th bar from the top of the day..

We are in uptrend...so think of going long and getting out...no short trade unless the trend changes, or the move gets steep or some other critaria.

Smart_trade
Thanks ST ..I did the same that day..exited low of 14:50 bar....but I always struggle to exit on right time...although I take entry at right time.....So please explain some exit part too as well entry......

vishal7176

@ ST Sir , and all senior member..

below chart is today BANKNIFTY 5 min. chart , i have marked on it .

please check it and correct it ...IF I am wrong .....and I HAVENT get ADD position ...anywhere in a day .

is there any opporchunity to ADD position ??

please check it and correct me .

thank you

nithxp

please check it and correct it ...IF I am wrong .....and I HAVENT get ADD position ...anywhere in a day .

thank you
How to add those 2lines(dotted n 1more)
Im using zerodha trader

thank you
Good Vishal, Bank Nifty did not trend strongly, so no opportunities to add today.But your second trade could have been an add trade.

Smart_trade